Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  05:42:34 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and bagels with all the fixens.

It's good to see more friends dropping by, I hope everyone on the sick list is getting better.

It'
s 56f here and too dark to tell how the day will be.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  11:48:44 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!

Glad to see some activity here and thanks Mark for keeping the fire stoked! Steve best of luck on your knee recovery. Been there done that in 2012. Very painful recovery!

Not much to report except I'm working again (thankful) to my P-Therapist. Trying to get loosened up!

Have a great week-end!

Philip

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  1:24:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi All, another decent day in the neighbourhood.
Philip, glad to see therapy is working for you.
Mark, thanks for the eats (again).
Fred, welcome back!
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2017 :  08:23:04 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and eggs, home fries, country ham, gravy and biscuits with butter and jams.

It's a cloudy 43f here this morning.

Phillip, I 'm trying to keep the lounge going just need more lurkers to stop in.

Have a great day .

Mark

W,L,&E

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2017 :  12:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon Mark and crew. Lunchtime now.
Not much new except waiting for the sunshine (LOL) and hoping to get through the April 1st jokes.
And I hate this cold rain today.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/01/2017 :  2:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Morning all!
Dave, that could be a long wait! Sun was supposed to be out here today but it didn't poke it's head out and instead....MORE RAIN!
Two days off starting tomorrow. Hopefully make some headway on the RR. For fun, I made up a Gantt chart, mostly to make sure I wasn't missing steps or getting ahead of myself. I have already started doing one thing, only to realize that I hadn't done its prerequisite. Like any plan, it will be outdated in no time, I'm sure, but it gave me a list of tasks and what I need to have done in what order.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/02/2017 :  07:25:45 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, Tim Hortens is brewing and the omlet bar, juice and fresh fruit.

It's 40f and supposed to get into the 60's and sunshine.

Dave, I don't like thosa cold rainy days either.

Everyone have a great sunday.

Mark

PS: where are Les and Larry hiding?

W,L,&E

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/02/2017 :  4:52:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - Well our house survived the floods and strong winds as ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie drifted down Queensland into northern New South Wales. Despite having had floods in other catchments in south-east Queensland this time they affected some river catchments that had not previously been affected. The Logan and Albert Rivers just to the south of us have suffered record floods not seen in 100 years. To see the vast lakes of floodwaters and devastation caused on the television news was amazing.
I have just brewed some coffee and boiled water for tea. I also have some bagels with poached eggs and crispy bacon for those so inclined. Please join me.
I spent Sunday writing labels for an exhibition I have been working on for Queensland Museum and also spent a pleasant couple of hours dating colour slides I had taken some 30 plus years ago. I really should have labelled them at the time when they came back from processing.
I start four weeks holiday at the end of this week so should get some work done on the layout.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/03/2017 :  07:45:19 AM  Show Profile
Morning, Monday mud blend coffee and leftover donuts this morning.

It's partly cloudy and 42f here.

Not much to report just the usual.

have a good day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/03/2017 :  12:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon or morning. The rain is dumping on us down here. Weather forecast is calling for 3" of rain.

Thanks for the eats. I will pass on the coffee for now. I did bring in some fresh fried Red Snapper for lunch and some fries too. Think I Wil just grab a diet Dr. Pepper and sit awhile.
The CEO of our rr, Sue is awaiting the delivery of a hospital bed. She's on the mend from a nasty infection. My new duties here is being her caregiver.

Not much else going on. Going to do some painting on my Bachmann Connie. It's my 'what if' loco that is being detailed to match C&S standards of the late '20's early '30's. Looks pretty good with the beartrap in place.
You folks have a great day.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2017 :  1:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Big O tires today. Have a great day!
Philip

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 04/03/2017 :  6:23:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi.Hope everyone is doing good. Last Fri it rained all day so I took the time to redo some track that I was not happy with. I got rid of an incline that was too steep and too short and now it looks and works much better. I am putting in a couple of small trestles for visual interest. Started working on one today.

One quick question. I plan a small stream and have never worked with the products out there. Any recommendations?

Roland

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2017 :  10:28:26 AM  Show Profile
Roland...ModPodge for your water. See You Tube video by Dave Frary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnOE-qWhGVs

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/04/2017 :  1:58:43 PM  Show Profile
quote:
[i]...
One quick question. I plan a small stream and have never worked with the products out there. Any recommendations?

Roland

I have used Enviro-tex Lite quite a bit. It doesn't smell, dries clear and hard, and can be dyed with acrylic paint or inks (just a dab will do ya!). I buy mine at Michael's whenever there is a 40% off sale. It is great for still water, never tried it for moving water.

Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  2:24:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, the rain is back with all its "suckage". Coffee is on and warm, fresh hot cross buns are out on the counter. Enjoy!
Cheers,
Dave

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000