Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 117 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound
Page: of 100

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  6:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon all. Haven't been around at all (Bronchitis). Sun finally came out on the Wet Coast but will disappear for my day off tomorrow :-(
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/26/2017 :  10:01:28 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and buckwheat cakes, sausage, eggs, butter and maple syrup.

It's 63f and the sun is peeking through the clouds.

Off to get some growceries today.

Have a great day all.

Mark

W,L,&E

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/27/2017 :  07:22:54 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and danish on the counter.

It's a good thing my daughter came in to help me eat breakfast nobody else showed up.

Well, I got the pantry stocked and some light bulbs replaced in the workshop so I can now see to work.

Back to the monday grind so no modeling today.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 03/27/2017 :  4:19:33 PM  Show Profile
Monday afternoon on phone duty at the real estate office - blah! Saturday was beautiful 70*+ Sunday was low 40*s with wind chill in the 30*s today in the high 60*s - must be spring!
Sorted stuff in the RR room yesterday until I got too cold then caught up on magazine stack.
Life is pretty ugly the next three weeks with family commitments in Virginia and Connecticut then I will get started on benchwork for my new Maine On30 enterprise.
Left Cabernet and Chardonnay in the new dual temp wine cooler for happy hour.

Bill

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/27/2017 :  4:27:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone - It is 6:15 am Tuesday morning here at the Museum in Ipswich and I have 71 working days before I finish work and go on 8 weeks leave and retire - but who's counting
I have just brewed some fresh coffee and there is hot water for tea for those so inclined. I have also prepared a plate of pancakes with maple syrup and cream - please dig in.
The people in North Queensland are facing a perilous time with Cyclone Debbie approaching in the Ayr to Mackay region as a Category 4 the second highest which would have wind strengths of around 280 km/hr, torrential rain (up to half a metre expected in some places) and a storm surge tide on the top of a higher than normal tide of about 3 metres. Scary stuff. I just pray that everyone comes out okay.
I spent yesterday afternoon with Pauline and our two financial planners working out my retirement strategy. Nervous times will I have enough money or won't I? At least I have many, many building kits to occupy my idle hours and already have plenty of locomotives and rolling stock so I should not have to rush out to buy more. Though that is not to say that I won't when Stoney Creek or others bring out something I like.
Pauline and I are both looking forward to our trip to the United States in August/September for the NNGC in Denver. I hope to catch up with you there.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 03/27/2017 :  5:36:02 PM  Show Profile
Coaltrain has renamed his layout Mann's Creek - see logging and mining forum. Quarryman is the owner of the soapstone mining layout.

Bill Uffelman

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 03/28/2017 :  12:36:53 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning from the Wet Coast. True to form, it is dumping buckets and promises to do the same for a few more days. Maybe if the Orange Lord Dampnut down South repeals a few more EPA regulations, it will sort itself out (sarcasm).
David, I hope that the impact of the Cyclone will be mitigated by good planning and good luck. I am glad you have financial planners working with you; retirement can be daunting without a plan. I retired early from the Army and wife started her career late as a counsellor. My plan is for her to work until she is 80!
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2017 :  4:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Thank you David. Cyclone Debbie struck the coast passing over the Whitsunday Islands with winds of 263 km/hr and torrential rain. It crossed the coast between Bowen and Proserpine soon after devastating vegetable crops around Bowen and sugar cane near Proserpine with a great deal of damage to infrastructure. It was very slow moving meaning residents have had to endure this storm for nearly a full day. It is now coming down towards us in the south-east corner of the state although it is no longer a cyclone but a severe tropical low. We have been told to expect flood rains and strong winds over the next several days.
I have been working with the same Financial Planner since being made redundant at Meadow Lea Foods in 1999 where I had worked as a Food Technologist for 32 years. One door closes and another opens when Queensland Rail (QR) offered me a position as a Curator of their heritage collection and here I am (now with Queensland Museum) as my position with QR transferred to the Queensland Museum (QM) in 2002 though I would not have joined QM if I had not completed a degree in Museum Studies while working for the Railways. Looking forward to retirement but it is still a daunting prospect.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  08:31:50 AM  Show Profile
Morning All, coffee is on and coffee cake on the counter.

I was one of the lurkers yesterday, just didm't feel like typing much.

It's cooler here 46f big change from earlier this week.

David , I hope you all get through the bad weather safely.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  12:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Morning all! Thanks for the snacks, Mark! I was thinking how many despair that the hobby is dying and no kids are getting on board and then I remembered that when I was a kid there was only my friend and I interested in trains (70's) and now there is still me and another friend in my vicinity but I have met a few others. Yes, they are older but they have, or had, kids so the exposure was there. Maybe it just planted a worm that will grow into a desire to dive in to the hobby, who knows?
Anyway, hope you all have a good day.
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  12:46:00 PM  Show Profile
Looks like I'm opening today! There's coffee on, croissants, scones with clotted cream and jam.
Sun came out today! Rode my motorcycle for the first time since October, I think. That's unusual for me as I will ride any day it is sunny and roads are clear and dry.
Still waiting for some stuff from Micro-Mark to continue on my layout - boo hiss. Trimmed my backdrop sheet. I'm using styrene - got a 4x8 20-thou piece from a manufacturer that didn't cost me a dime because it was scratched on one side. Sun will be competing with train, now.
Cheers,
Dave

Fritz1952
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  5:49:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello y'all. Funny thing about having a strokes not that a stroke is funny, but I have noticed that my memory has been effected quite a bit. I couldn't remember my password so here I start allll over again. Lol
Since my last post,a lot has happened. We finally got moved to Alabama and love it downhere. Been doing a lot of "armchair" modeling on my engines and finally planning my layout. We have a 12x12 room that is unused and that's where my rr is going to be.

So tonight, let's see, we have poboys, grilled shrimp fresh from the gulf and for those who want it some bbq hamburgers with all the fixins. I'll leave the sides up to anyone who follows. But I did bring in some 24pk Dr. Wham. It's a soda here in Bama. So here's to a fresh start.
Fred

Superintendent
Kebler Pass Subdivision
Colorado and Southern RR

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  8:35:08 PM  Show Profile
Evening All, I'll put some diet sodas in the fridge and some baked beans and coleslaw out as well.

Fred, glad to see you back and planning your new RR.

David, sounds like the time fight is on.hehehe

Good night All.

Mark

W,L,&E

Edited by - BBLmber on 03/30/2017 8:38:10 PM

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  10:42:51 PM  Show Profile
Good evening all, I'm recovering from a total knee replacement surgery that took place last Friday, the pain is pretty well managed, and I don't need meds very often. I have my first outpatient physical therapy tomorrow.Before the surgery I set up a small table in the corner of the living room so that I can work on some models while recovering, but not quite up to that yet. In other news our granddaughter turned two today, so we're celebrating on Saturday with a trip to the Bowling alley. Anyway, it's good to be up and around. Take care.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  11:48:00 PM  Show Profile
Steve glad to hear your on the mend.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-4-4-2 Disassembly ? Topic Next Topic: Heisler sound  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.97 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000