Railroad Line Forums - eTraxx
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 RR-L Member Personal Websites
 eTraxx
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dr.Ken Jones acknowledges the forum on his website Topic Next Topic: Worldwide Miniatures 2016
Page: of 3

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2016 :  1:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A link to my Deep River Railroad .. I have so much ... stuff ... on here I have trouble sometimes finding things I just KNOW are there somewhere ..

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2016 :  2:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a digital version of my workbench, Ed.

You have an interesting site.

George

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2016 :  7:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Ed, what have you been doing as of late'...
Forum members want to know'...

ted :<)

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2016 :  8:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ed!

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  08:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ED, great site thanks for sharing.

Mark

W,L,&E

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  1:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

So Ed, what have you been doing as of late'...
Forum members want to know'...

This and that. I will post something later

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  7:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carved out the 'water' so my rowboat will sit lower

Neri123
New Hire

Posted - 10/06/2016 :  06:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Neri123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks beautiful !!

[url=https://www.vrstatus.com/news/]virtual reality news[/url]

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 10/19/2016 :  10:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
O scale overhead crane I am working on.

I spent a lot of time trying to come up with the gearing .. until I decided that that can be imagined .. under the gearbox covers. I added various bolted pieces, stops etc. I uploaded a copy of the gearbox and truck successfully to Shapeways as a test of concept. I have printed the gears and sheave with Version I of the crane so that’s cool. The stops still need to be uploaded .. but overall I am pretty sure I can print this sucker.

Overhead Crane – Ver III – II

Edited by - eTraxx on 10/20/2016 6:49:54 PM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 10/19/2016 :  11:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a interesting piece of machinery you got going there ED.

It's only make-believe

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 10/19/2016 :  3:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's going to look good in place !

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2016 :  7:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of the things that tend to make me crazier than usual is trying to track the various versions of my models. This Gantry Crane was developed as a modified Overhead Crane Ver III .. so .. we have Gantry Crane Ver IV.
crane_iv-b

I split the truck off from the crane proper leaving a length minus the wheels and bearings as a support on the upper portion. I then re-worked the truck to give me four wheels .. better support. The framing shown in white is a mix of Evergreen I-Beam and Channel.'

Gantry Crane Ver II – Part I

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 11/25/2016 :  07:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The November 2016 issue of YouTube Model Builders eMag features my layout – “a photo essay journey of his layout that is full of textures, color tonality, and fidelity“. I also got the cover! :)

You can download your copy of the eMag at this link .. or register for a Free Subscription on the eMag webpage. Here you can download all of the eMag issues.

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 11/25/2016 :  09:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, Ed, good photos, article and the cover too!

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/25/2016 :  12:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent Ed', I wasn't aware of this publication in spite of the many modeling videos watched on Utube'. I have subscribed. I enjoyed reading your tutorials on the bridge, mo's barber shop and the entire article. Very well done'...

ted :<)

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 11/25/2016 :  2:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

Excellent Ed', I wasn't aware of this publication in spite of the many modeling videos watched on Utube'. I have subscribed. I enjoyed reading your tutorials on the bridge, mo's barber shop and the entire article. Very well done'...

thanks Ted,
The blog is pretty much a virtual notebook for my modeling. I take photos during the build .. that way I can go back and find out just how the heck I did something .. I also try and document the things that go wrong as that can be as important or more so than a build without errors.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Dr.Ken Jones acknowledges the forum on his website Topic Next Topic: Worldwide Miniatures 2016  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000