Railroad Line Forums - Sewall's, a scratchbuilt model
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: Bridge ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Sewall's, a scratchbuilt model
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Logging Log Bronc - HO size Topic Next Topic: O scale SWSM Woodcutters Shack build thread
Page: of 32

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2016 :  11:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll second that.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2016 :  12:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice detail!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 12/25/2016 :  12:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Philip

Philip

Thanks Philip. Although you can add 2 thumbs up on one post

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 12/25/2016 :  12:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Carl and Jerry.

Tony Burgess

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2016 :  1:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's an impressive looking jib crane, Tony. I'm sure your little people appreciate the labor saving equipment.

George

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 12/25/2016 :  3:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

That's an impressive looking jib crane, Tony. I'm sure your little people appreciate the labor saving equipment.

George

LOL, thanks George. I wanted to do something different that isn't readily available.

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  08:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I am at the point of calling this done. I wanted to put a couple of figures taking a break sitting on the deck, but can't find just the right pose. Might be better just to leave them off and call it done. What do you all think? I took these shots outside in the shade to avoid the harshness of the sun.

Tony Burgess

time2play
Fireman

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  09:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Tony, that looks perfect. Nicely done and thanks for sharing the build.

Bob

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  09:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With or without more LP you've done a fine job Tony.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Guff
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  10:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, you are quite justified in calling it DONE. Beautiful job and a lot of inspirational ideas for all of us.
Thank you, Dave

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  11:54:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob, Jerry and Dave.

Thank you all very much. It is a tough decision to say that is enough and let it be.

I've cleaned off my workbench now, and I have a clean slate. I have so many model kits and ideas, I am stuck for a while as to where to go from here. I thought about actually doing a real kit.....but which one...

I am pleased Sewall's came out this well, and am glad I had the opportunity to share, and I will continue to do so. But for now, and as someone said, "I'll be back"

Tony Burgess

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  12:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding build and a real showstopper created by one of the forums Master Craftsman. Phenomenal "E"-ticket ride as we watched this showpiece come together.

Thanks so much for the additional information and details shared, and for your willingness to take the time to communicate the information.

Looking forward to seeing the next project.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  1:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony,

You don't want a little more rust on that chain?

Just kidding. I'm impressed by your patience with the little bits, with an overall vision from the very start how you want it to look in the end.

It's fun thinking about "what's next." Come back soon!

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  3:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a fine looking diorama, Tony. You sure have a lot of details and they're all in logical places.

George

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  4:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent scratch work all around Tony!

Simply for comparison between scratch vs. kit.... I'd be interested in your rough monetary estimate on all the materials required?

Page: of 32 Previous Topic: Logging Log Bronc - HO size Topic Next Topic: O scale SWSM Woodcutters Shack build thread  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000