Railroad Line Forums - Bill (Geezer) Andersen Memorial Challenge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 74 ]  [ Total: 77 ]  [ Newest Member: ida ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Bill (Geezer) Andersen Memorial Challenge
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bachmann Gas Mechanical Dimensions - Needed Topic Next Topic: Daves First On30 Layout - No Name RR
Page: of 36

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  6:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will post in a reply to allow for editing.

Edited by - BigLars on 09/16/2016 7:33:48 PM

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  7:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our good friend Bill (Geezer) Andersen recently passed and there is not a day that his name is not mentioned in the ON30 forum.

Les Davis and I have been in contact with Bill's wife Anita to try to help her with some things. In a conversation this week I asked if she knew where Bill's custom decals were, as we had a plan to honor Bill.

Bill's Logo incorporated several of his most important things. Wilani - William & Anita and trees. One of Bill's last important conversations with his wife Anita was the cause represented by the National Arbor Day Foundation www.arborday.org

Bill's Obituary asks for donations.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/post-tribune/obituary.aspx?pid=181158422

So what is the challenge.

Build something to remember Bill. Any scale any item. Get it to the point of needing decals. When you get to the point of needing decals message me and I you can send decals to add to finish your model. Then post the finished pictures. Please post builds in this thread and I will open a thread for the final pictures.

If you can, along the way, please make a donation to the National Arbor Day Foundation www.arborday.org in the name of William Andersen.

Decals are available with white, gold, silver and black lettering (all have green trees and a yellow sun). The decals are 3/4" round.

The challenge will end when I run out of decal's. There are lots of decals so feel free to do a few builds.

Have fun all, I'm sure Bill will be watching from above and Anita will check up on us.

Thank you for your friendship Bill!

Edited by - BigLars on 09/17/2016 3:28:02 PM

milocomarty
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  7:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit milocomarty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm in !!! Still have to finish his bar on my layout but I still want to build some cars based on these drawings Richard delivered to a lot of us. Well I guess I should find the time to build two, one to run on my own layout as a tribute and the other one. Well let's say custom build and custom weathered should make some money somewhere when I put it on sale. Besides a personal donation I will donate the entire sum made on sales to the foundation..

http://martinwelberg.wordpress.com/
http://cardiganbaycoastalrailroad.wordpress.com/

rca2
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  7:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea Larry. I won't be building any cars in the near future, but I made a donation. RIP Geezer.

Modeling Arizona Eastern Railroad, Hayden Junction (1920), in On30

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  8:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rca2

Great idea Larry. I won't be building any cars in the near future, but I made a donation. RIP Geezer.

Thank you!

A reminder, it does not have to be a car build. A structure, boat, truck, advertisement sign would work.

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  8:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Larry et al,
Count me in, I think I can squeeeeeeeeeeez one or 2 in...

Les

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  8:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a wonderful idea for a tribute, Larry. I always enjoyed Bill's posts very much. Count me in.

Dave

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney

http://thundermesaminingco.blogspot.com

thtroll
Crew Chief

Supporting Member

Posted - 09/17/2016 :  12:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit thtroll's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great idea Larry...I am definitely in

Cheers, Heath.

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 09/17/2016 :  07:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Count me in!

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2016 :  08:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hope you have a lot of decals Larry,

I'm in but it will take awhile before I can start as I need to grab a car kit on the next trip home at the end of the month.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2016 :  10:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will get this started.

I had a Mount Blue Bachmann Caboose conversion kit on the shelf.

I will be building the one on the right.

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 09/17/2016 :  12:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just last night i was looking at some boxcars (That you sold me Larry) and thinking what could i do.

Count me in.

OregonOn30
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/17/2016 :  12:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in! Not sure what I will do, but I would like to be a part of this.
Rick

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2016 :  5:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome everyone.

I made progress on the caboose today, the kits are easy to build and fit together nicely. I have a coat of gloss coat on the model drying.

Far from finished but I'm building again.

Edited by - BigLars on 09/17/2016 5:09:55 PM

usaf_andy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/17/2016 :  6:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit usaf_andy's Homepage  Send usaf_andy an AOL message  Send usaf_andy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I had been thinking about one of those kits at some point.

Guff
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 09/18/2016 :  12:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
count me in! I am going to scratch build a 1:29 scale building to remember Bill. How can I get a larger logo like Bill used for his avatar?
Dave

Page: of 36 Previous Topic: Bachmann Gas Mechanical Dimensions - Needed Topic Next Topic: Daves First On30 Layout - No Name RR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000