Railroad Line Forums - SIerrwest Repair Shed - Relaunch
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 292 ]  [ Total: 298 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigs704 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SIerrwest Repair Shed - Relaunch
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: HO scale school light globes. Topic Next Topic: Sierrawest Scale Models - Machine Shop - Final Pic
Page: of 2

nextceo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  01:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Gang,

I decided to make some modifications to my original Repair Shed Diorama. First I ripped up the HO Scale standard size track and replaced it with narrow gauge track which I felt better fit in with the Backwoods theme. I also tore out all the plaster rock work at the back of the building and replaced it with the higher detailed Geosedic product from Bragdon Enterprises. While I was back there, I added a scrap area where were old broken parts end up.

I added a new video to YouTube that better displays the inside of the Shed along with the Welding Activity (which comes near the end of the 1 minute clip). Make sure you have your sound turned up to get the full feel of the scene...it takes place as dawn breaks in South Western Colorado at the Deer Creek Lumber Company's Repair Shed on August 20th, 1927.

Link to Video:

https://youtu.be/h72NXj05w3g

Here are the pictures reflecting the updates...

Edited by - nextceo on 03/08/2016 01:11:52 AM

SteveCuster
Section Hand

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  07:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job! I didn't see your original before modifications but this looks perfect.

-Steve

chooch41
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  08:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your modelling, but what I am really impressed with is the photography of your diorama. Beautiful. Just sayin...

Brad

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  08:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alan,

I like the way you place details throughout the build. They tell a story all their own.
Rich

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  09:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That turned out really nice! Excellent modeling. What do you think of the Bragdon rock casting system?

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

SteveCuster
Section Hand

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  09:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What did you use to make the pine tree? I looks great.

Artman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  11:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Artman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Absolutely and stunningly beautiful!!

Robert Wanka
http://www.robertwanka.com

nextceo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  11:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the nice comments. Hey Steve, I bought the tree kits from www.thescenicfactory.com. They take about 45 minutes to assemble each tree.

Alan

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 03/08/2016 :  12:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alan your SierraWest kit scratch building techniques are by far the best construction and presented models going. Brett, I'm sure knows this to be a fact. You bring his kits to life Tenfold.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  10:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Alan,
The backwoods look is outstanding. Dirt, grime, rust, weathered wood all just right! You are very talented!!!
Dave

David Guffey

nextceo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  1:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave...I appreciate the comments.

Alan

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  2:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chooch41

I love your modelling, but what I am really impressed with is the photography of your diorama. Beautiful. Just sayin...

Brad

I totally agree with that. Terrific looking scene. The old Mack truck and it's attachments is a gem in itself.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/10/2016 2:33:01 PM

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  5:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful work. A couple of the many things I noticed are the irregularity of the rooflines in the main building and the nice subtle, faded red paint in the small building.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  6:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
outstanding modeling. i have to ask, how did you do the cobwebs around the light? (saw them in the video)

time2play
Fireman

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  8:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Breathtaking...You make it seem as if you're looking at the 'live' structure. Extremely well done...

Bob

nextceo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/10/2016 :  11:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the nice comments and for recognizing some of the extra little details. In regards to the cobwebs, they are real ones from my basement. I used tweezers to run them across the rafters.

Alan

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: HO scale school light globes. Topic Next Topic: Sierrawest Scale Models - Machine Shop - Final Pic  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 24.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000