Railroad Line Forums - North Coast Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 112 ]  [ Total: 112 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 North Coast Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Jersey Highlands HOn3 Pennsylvania Logging Branch Topic Next Topic: Test Stand for HOn3
Page: of 12

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  3:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Trying to remember how to post pics after optimizing. If successful , you'll see the revised "scenery plan" as the track plan itself is unchanged.

What may not be so obvious is that as you move away from the waterline, everything goes up hill. So the road in the top left corner comes downhill from the town to the pier The Mills in the lower left corner cascade down the hillside as the stream comes out of the hills. The top right area was redrawn to add the "slums' area on the hill above the port.

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 12/24/2016 12:44:13 PM

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  4:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
nope, even after rereading the directions again, still not getting it right, It was optimized at 400 ppi. Is it spaces in the name?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  4:54:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David,

I see two things that are causing the problem. In the last img bracket, you need to put a back slash "\" right after the opening square bracket.

The second thing is that you have used parentheses in the name of your file "(1)". Use only letters and numbers in naming your files. Any type of punctuation marks (except an under score) cause problems.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  9:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce, don't you mean forward slash ('/)? That's how I always do it.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  02:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Getting rid of the (1) cured it. and it was a forward slash / that worked. I was obviously able to make the corrections to the original post. Thanks guys!

There are about 70 structures represented here.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 12/19/2016 02:30:34 AM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  12:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The \ is above the enter key and you have a great track plan.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/30/2017 :  09:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to my latest project of combining the Scale Model Masterpieces/Thomas Yorke, Rubbles Depot and Stone Depot all under one roof. Both are currently marketed by Dr Ben's Consortium.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48514

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 02/23/2017 08:19:13 AM

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/19/2017 :  12:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you haven't seen my Rubbles Depot Kit Mingle thread, here's quick photo of progress so far. The third floor will have a round landing to walk around, and observe the harbor below.

I've been painting a few plastic buildings for the town on the hill just before the Rubles kit came in. Noting completed but it's all going in the right direction.

I also acquired a "Gold Edition" (interior lighting) of the Toadsuck Canning kit off of Ebay. Only one other bidder. Picked it up for $189.00

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 02/19/2017 01:19:03 AM

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  12:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's quick pic of what's going on in the train room of late.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  12:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I found this stuff at Hobby Lobby for duplicating items. It has the consistency of rubber fishing lure worms I made a few copies of some castings to see how it well it works. Seems to pickup the detail fairly well, but not as good as silicone. Likely would have gotten better results with Hydrocal rather than the dental stone that I poured in.

Here's the latest addition for the North Coast fleet. a Steam launch and a gas launch for tourist travel, and island hopping.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 03/10/2017 12:12:43 AM

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  10:22:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David, somehow I drifted out into the lake the past year or so. I made it back to shore just in time to catch up. The layout design sure has a lot of potential for operation.

Iím also looking forward to the work on Rubbles Double Depot project.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  11:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you or others see operation failures, I am still open to change. There is no permanent trackwork in place yet. It has been mostly planning, mural painting and making buildings thus far. Still thinking about switch machine wiring, control panels etc.

There will be hidden passing tracks under the left and top areas. Also a staging area off to the right, beyond the staircase is under consideration.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2017 :  10:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will you have a removable car float? If so, you might want a facing point track or two somewhere near it, so you can pull the inbound cars and load the outbound cars without going back to the yard and running around twice (its two storage tracks face the wrong way). The pier track might do, if it had few or no cars spotted at its industries. Not relevant if it's not an interchange point.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/27/2017 :  12:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The intent is to indicate that a car float does exist. It' simply not in port. It is illusion though, as I never intent to a actually make a car float or barge. It does the service of an interchange and will feature the Bar Mills ferry dock to that purpose.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/27/2017 :  12:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Your point is well taken on the need to use the yard runaround. I just don't envision how to make the yard area any different. Ill gladly take suggestions.

Page: of 12 Previous Topic: Jersey Highlands HOn3 Pennsylvania Logging Branch Topic Next Topic: Test Stand for HOn3  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000