Railroad Line Forums - "Railroad Camp" Construction Project
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 135 ]  [ Total: 137 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 "Railroad Camp" Construction Project
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Water Topic Next Topic: Looking for Rivets
Page: of 63

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good, Wally!

My update, such as it is, will be short. I finally finished the third wall of the tarpaper shed tonight. Every time I sit down to work on this model I get interrupted by something or other. No wonder I don't seem to make any progress.

Well, there's still tomorrow evening....

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  07:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NickO

Thanks, Harry, for the nice comments.
There is no great secret about the doors.I bought the casting ,with a load of others,from Train And Trooper when I attended the NG Convention at Warwick .I believe they are copies of FSM castings done by Dave Fletcher.The reason this is noteworthy is that he is now spending a significant time in prison for a rather serious offence.That's all,really,

NickO

Hi Nick,

I had read about Mr Fletcher's problem on the FSM forum. I also know a few people who never received their orders from him for the six months prior to his prison sentence. I just didn't realize that was where you purchased the castings from.

Wally, 3.0 is a charm!! Looks very nice.

Well I am off to training class today and tomorrow so I'll see you later.

Harry

Dave Grassing
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  1:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave Grassing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All
Having looked at the photo's that have been posted in the last few days all we can say is WOW. Nicks finishes are excellent, the structures look very well made, butthey should be, he's a builder. Jim the Office & warehouse look excellent.
We haven't done much during the holiday season as both of us have been ill but have managed to install some street lighting and thought we'd show you our efforts that way.
Just two photos taken with the light from the steet lamps only.
Dave & Midge

Moderator's Note: Dave and Midge, since your photos were nearly 18" X 13.5" and could not be easily viewed without scrolling, I resized them for easier viewing.

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  2:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave and Midge, those are beautiful scenes! I have never really considered lighting for my models, but your photos (especially the first one) really have me thinking about it now! It's a great effect in your photos and really brings out the "character" and charm of the whole diorama.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  2:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that lighting really looks cool. Great affect on the scene.

Chuck

Dave Grassing
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  3:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave Grassing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike
Thanks I normally resize the photo's in Photoshop 7 but I looked at the KB size and did not notice the actual size.There is a total of 7 lights on this board all LED's
Dave

Edited by - Dave Grassing on 01/07/2004 3:23:49 PM

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  4:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, perhaps sometime you could post a "how to" (with photos) on making and installing lights with LED's. I think something like that might go over quite well.

Jim Mooney
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  5:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way cool scene! I just used little teeny lights on my Wandas Diorama, but those pics are amazing! How 'bout some tips on taking night pics? Also what are using for lamps? thanks in advance!

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  6:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave & Midge,

Those night scenes are really powerful. I will jump in with Mike and Jim in asking for some insights, both photographic and electrical.

Bruce

Bruce

Dave Grassing
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  6:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave Grassing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Jim & Mike
The lighting Is just the light from 7 leds on the layout Photo taken at f16 on a Fuji 602 set to auto apature. The background, bottles of glue a brick wall etc where airbrushes out using black.There may have been a little light spill from the next room which is lit by fluos.
I will do a piece on building this tipe of led lamps in the next few weeks.
Dave

Jim Mooney
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  8:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I see the airbrushing, looks like clouds on a moonlit night, very cool!. What size LEDs? (3, 5mm?) Are they the new white/yellow ones? Nice effect overall!

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  8:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave and Midge, your street lighting is very effective.

Hangem Harry
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  11:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave & Midge,

Beautiful Night Scenes!! I have set up my layout with lights but it does not compare to yours. I'll have to work a lot harder..

Harry

Wally
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  01:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wally's Homepage  Send Wally an AOL message  Send Wally an ICQ Message  Click to see Wally's MSN Messenger address  Send Wally a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was just getting over being sick with envy over last nights post. Dave & Midge there you go kicking it up another notch. Night pictures are awesome. Guess I have to go buy another $500. kit to overcome my pangs. Oops I was already broke after last nights buying spree.

Great work you two.

Wally
It's not my job to run the train, the whistle I can't blow, I'm not allowed to say how fast the train should go,I'm not allowed to blow off steam, nor even ring the bell, but let the gosh darn thing jump the tracks and see who catches...

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  07:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave and Midge
Your night shots are outstanding.
They give the diorama a completely new and different look.
Again great work.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Page: of 63 Previous Topic: Water Topic Next Topic: Looking for Rivets  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000