Railroad Line Forums - Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 233 ]  [ Total: 233 ]  [ Newest Member: SceneryTime ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Crossing Tower Topic Next Topic: BCRR
Page: of 44

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 09/09/2017 :  11:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love it. Dave the video is wonderful.
Funeral home?
ed

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  12:41:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great video Dave! I do love watching the time lapse of your effort. And as always, love what you do!

Now, as for the 'chilling challenge', I too would guess either a funeral home, or haunted house! Now, if you do a haunted house, I would expect no less that seeing the ghosts flying around inside, a la Disney! Soooooo, are you up to THAT challenge?

Mark

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  01:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think it would be a undertaker/furniture shop.
I enjoyed the video too.

It's only make-believe

fireman93514
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  10:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As always awesome Dave.

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  11:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup, It's going to be an undertakers shop. Here's a couple in progress shots,

This structure is going to have lighting, animation and sound with a spooky UV Pepper's Ghost effect that will appear in the upstairs window. All activated by guests at the push of a button.

Across the road, Boot Hill graveyard is coming along nicely with the grave markers, ground cover, and a few desert weeds now in place.

Still to come are some picket fencing around the scene and a spooky old tree with a flickering lantern in the branches.

There's a new post today on the Thunder Mesa Studio blog with more details and a video on this week's progress.
http://thundermesa.studio/2017/09/boot-hill-part-2-and-the-old-jerome-cemetery/

David Meek

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  1:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, Madame Leota must have short range reception for contacting the dearly departed. She's fortunate to find room in such a handy, close location. Another neat scene that your gallery visitors will enjoy pushing the buttons. Looking very good.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  1:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, awesome progress and an excellent video! I was wondering how you did the tombstones. They look great! I can't wait to see the effects you put in the undertakers building. I'm sure it will be awesome!

Mark

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  2:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

Dave, awesome progress and an excellent video! I was wondering how you did the tombstones. They look great! I can't wait to see the effects you put in the undertakers building. I'm sure it will be awesome!

Thank you! I hope the effect turns out well. It's a little more complex and challenging than anything I've tried to stuff into a structure before.

David Meek

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  4:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I guess I didn't win anything. Doesn't matter. I love following along. Being able to view your work makes me a winner.
ed

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  01:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wunderfull , realy wunderfull

Grabnet
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  07:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Boot Hill graveyard video was really nice. I picked up a few ideas on modeling with paper. Thanks for posting it. Doc Tom

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  10:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

I really enjoyed the video. It's fun to see how such creativity comes about.

The fences around some plots are Interesting and definitely add to the spookiness. Not something I expected to see.

Mike

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  2:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the most enjoyable threads to follow. Full of Disneyesque amazement every time I come back.

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  4:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! This project has been so fun. Halloween is my favorite holiday after all.

Here's a little behind-the-magic view of how the Pepper's Ghost effect inside the Undertaker's will work. A small DC motor rotates a black drum with flying ghosts depicted in U.V. paint. This is illuminated by a U.V. LED and the reflection is captured in a piece of angled plexiglass. When viewed through the window, the transparent "ghosts" appear to be flying upwards. All of this is activated when a button on the panel starts the sound effects loop.

David Meek

Grabnet
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  6:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That will be very nice. Did not know they now make ultraviolet LED's. Looking forward to following along.

Doc Tom

Page: of 44 Previous Topic: Crossing Tower Topic Next Topic: BCRR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000