Railroad Line Forums - Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 246 ]  [ Total: 249 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing
Page: of 44

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  11:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great Layout! Nice video!

Philip

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  9:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Dave, what about an update. You are LONG past due! Hope all is well.

Mark

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  4:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're right guys. It has been too long!

Ok, break's over. Time to get back to work on the railroad! There are many unfinished projects still needing attention on the TMMC, but this winter I will be focusing on completing the town of Thunder Mesa. That means scratch-building at least five structures and finishing up all the scenery, figures, sounds, lights, and details for this scene. Stay tuned for updates!

David Meek

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  10:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its good to hear your back at it Dave. I've been missing your updates.

Mark

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  01:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome!

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  09:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yahoo buckaroo! Good to see you back in the saddle again.

It's only make-believe

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  5:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, Great to see you posting again.

Geared Steam
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/20/2016 :  5:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arizona Dave

You're right guys. It has been too long!

Ok, break's over. Time to get back to work on the railroad! There are many unfinished projects still needing attention on the TMMC, but this winter I will be focusing on completing the town of Thunder Mesa. That means scratch-building at least five structures and finishing up all the scenery, figures, sounds, lights, and details for this scene. Stay tuned for updates!

Good news Dave, you have been missed.

Edited by - Geared Steam on 11/20/2016 5:20:57 PM

GeoffAllen
New Hire

Posted - 11/20/2016 :  7:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, indeed. The TMMC is why I'm here, and why I'm planning an On30 layout.

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2016 :  6:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. It feel good to be back at it.

The next structure project for the Town of Thunder Mesa will be the Marshal's Office. It will occupy a spot next to Verne Niner's San Lorenzo Jail.

This paper model mock-up has been holding the spot for the Marshal's Office for quite awhile now. The unpainted figure is a 40mm gunfighter from Knuckleduster Miniatures.

The front facade of the Marshal's Office is from a plan I created in Adobe Illustrator based on photos of a structure that once stood in Rainbow Ridge at Disneyland.

The Disneyland prototype for my Marshal's Office. These structures were all smaller than life size and I try to capture that charm in my models while still aiming for a certain believability. To that end, some of the upper story windows and other details employ S scale castings.

David Meek

Edited by - Arizona Dave on 11/21/2016 6:45:28 PM

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  08:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this one Dave.

Mark

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  1:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's a new post on the Thunder Mesa blog today explaining just why there have been so few updates recently. (Hint: It may be moving!)
http://thundermesaminingco.blogspot.com/2016/12/a-lack-of-progress-report.html

David Meek

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  2:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update Dave, I think! Mixed emotions here. I know exactly how you feel about it being hard to get excited to work on a project since the future is now 'unknown', which means we now won't be treated to the regular updates from you that we have come to expect. On the other head, I'm excited for you and your wife finding a new home. I do hope the move finds you a bigger and better space than you now have so the railroad has a future. Keep us updated!

Mark

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  07:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see ya back at it Dave!

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  08:40:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I know how you feel. My Connecticut & Vermont RR is much smaller than your Thunder Mesa. It's one piece and was "designed" to fit through the door of the room it's in, immediately turn 90 degrees and move through a hall door - in theory, though some changes during the ongoing construction have occurred. Fortunately, no moving plans on the horizon, but the thought lingers - what if it does have to move?

Hope the house hunting goes well and secures enough real estate for the layout to move in and perhaps even expand.

Edited by - Bill Gill on 12/15/2016 4:29:06 PM

Page: of 44 Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000