Railroad Line Forums - Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 210 ]  [ Total: 213 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing
Page: of 44

leeflan
Fireman

Posted - 06/01/2016 :  4:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Dave,

That's gonna be a great looking mountain, and I love the Calico station as I've been there many, many times. But I gotta ask . . . are ya gonna detail the interior like it is at Knott's? And while you're at it, don't forget Judge Roy Bean's place, it's a unique little structure. I know it's in Texas but it's one of my favorites; got married there several times.

Catch ya later.

Steve Flanigan

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2016 :  7:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's a good idea for Judge Roy Bean's. I hadn't thought of that.

Got some more done on Calico Mt today.

Measuring from the bottom of the benchwork, this scene is now 34" deep, and that's as deep as I can go and still be able to get the layout section through the door should I ever need to move it.. The rest of the mountain from here on up will be removable.

David Meek

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2016 :  9:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its coming together nicely Dave. Boy, that sure is a lot of foamwork! But it's going to look fantastic!

Mark

ChiloquinRuss
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/01/2016 :  11:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit ChiloquinRuss's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, I think the Judge Roy Bean would fit right in I mean after all you've gotta get that Fratulene from some place!

Love the new rock work, looking really funky! Russ

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2016 :  05:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work Dave. Your rock carving is brilliant, and this new area should come up really stunning.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, It's still popular

fireman93514
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/02/2016 :  09:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good Dave. It will be awesome as usual.

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2016 :  9:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I hadn't really planned on working on the railroad today but one thing led to another and I wound up finishing nearly all of the track for the On18 mining tram. All that's left now is the trestle and ore bins at the other end.

On18 track now runs through Baxter's Butte to the tailings dump trestle above Saguaro Siding. For those keeping track (no pun intended), this section was originally On30, then it became On18 for awhile, then it was On30 again, and now it's back to On18 once more. I doubt I'll be changing it again.

This overhead view of Big Thunder Camp is something most people never see. The Big Thunder Mine will be on the flat foam pad at center with an ore tipple served by the On18 tram. All that messy wiring is for the structure lighting.

David Meek

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 06/03/2016 :  01:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice progress!

rca2
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/03/2016 :  02:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I am beginning to think that the reason your unfinished layout look so good is that your colors are superb. I know that wasn't the point of your photos, but it is what grabs me the most. Looking forward to more photos. Thanks for sharing. Bob.

Modeling Arizona Eastern Railroad, Hayden Junction (1920), in On30

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 06/03/2016 :  06:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, even the angles and views that most people never see are terrific.

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/15/2016 :  9:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What's up Dave? I assume you have been busy with real life, keeping you from working on your fantasy world. Scott

Gunslinger87
Section Hand

Posted - 07/16/2016 :  5:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gunslinger87's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Progress is looking fantastic, Dave!

I'm actually pretty intrigued with how Big Thunder Camp is going to look/turn out. Do you plan on having any tent structures? I ask as I'm thinking about building some canvas buildings for the layout I'm working on and I'm curious as to what method you would use to do so?

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/16/2016 :  7:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Everything is fine, just super busy with work. More Thunder Mesa soon!

David Meek

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  08:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to see you back Dave. I look forward to the next update.

Arthur

nevadablue
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  8:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be watching from here Dave.

Page: of 44 Topic Next Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000