Railroad Line Forums - "Finish Them Up" Fall Challenge (Sept - Dec '15)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 262 ]  [ Total: 263 ]  [ Newest Member: HolmesELP ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 "Finish Them Up" Fall Challenge (Sept - Dec '15)
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Emporium Seafood Topic Next Topic: Outside Corner Trim on Structures - Odd Angles
Page: of 13

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  09:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There has been an interest is having a Challenge focused on completing some of those 'in progress' projects that have been sitting on the shelf or the side of the modeling bench. For those living in the southern hemisphere, just consider it a Spring Challenge.

So, if you have a project in progress, either a current project or one from the distant past, this is your motivation to moving it into the completed column! The official dates for fall this year are September 23 - December 22, but for practical purposes, the Challenge thread will remain open from now thru the end of December.

You can post all of your progress photos and comment right in this thread.

Once done, please post a few "final pictures" in the thread dedicated to that purpose. Here is the link to that thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45958

Come Join the Challenge!

Bruce

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  09:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Earlier this summer I needed some 'in progress' photos to insert in a Power Point presentation for a weathering clinic that I was developing. So, I grabbed three new 2-bay hoppers off the shelf to weather using three different approaches. The end result was that I now have three hopper kits sitting on the side of my modeling bench, each one having just one side of the hopper weathered - one with Pan Pastels, one with artist oils and a Mineral Spirit wash, one with weathering powders and pastel pencils.

I will start this Challenge by finishing the weathering on each and them assembling them to get them on the rails.

After that, I will see what other 'in progress' project I will pull off the shelf.

Bruce

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  4:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK - I'm in but I wont be able to start until I get to Las Vegas
for the winter. I may not finish, but I will give it hell! I plan to
get there by late October, after a ride from Durango to Silverton....;-)

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  5:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some great candidates for things I need to finish.

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  7:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm in, goal is to finish the wharf modules on Mara Harbor..well, this part..

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  12:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it would take me a week to photograph all my unfinished projects , but great idea to re-visit at least one miniature model

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  04:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I might be able to get to this one, I have a model I built that needs a lot of repair, been needing to do it for some time. A building I built back in high school called Waverly Fertilizer and Grain. Always been a favorite, but over the years it has been coming apart. Originally built from plans in RMC, if I remember right, some 40 years ago????

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Jeff G
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  06:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm going to take up the mantle and try to finish a fairly large semi-scratchbuilt factory. Fingers crossed!

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  07:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well....you can count me in too, as long as I can find a "secret room" in the house to model in, then leave a note to the wife that I am out running errands!

Rich

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  08:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be late jumping in, because we're going to be traveling for a while. I just have to figure out which unfinished project to work on.

George

engineerkyle
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  1:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit engineerkyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't really have much to catch up on. But I'll be watching. Great planking Martin!

GrandTrunk
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  2:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
>>> as long as I can find a "secret room" in the house to model in, then leave a note to the wife that I am out running errands!

Genius!

I'm kitbashing an IHC Novelty Ironworks, doubling the length by joining the front and back walls.

mecrr
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  3:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like I'm in this one too. All the structures from DD Skid Row which where partially assembled a year or so ago and this summers stall of Monster Model Works latest. Interiors, lights, roof(s), details, etc.

David

A Maine Expatriate living in the valley of Northern California - Modeling in HO.
David Stickney

Edited by - mecrr on 09/16/2015 3:38:50 PM

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  3:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by GrandTrunk

>>> as long as I can find a "secret room" in the house to model in, then leave a note to the wife that I am out running errands!

Genius!

Peter,

For a few years now, I have been procrastinating putting up the drywall in my train room. Just like in the story, " Diary of Anne Frank", I want to add another wall to my room and seal it off with a revolving bookshelf, in which to enter the new train modeling room. And all this time the wife thinks I've been making structures...

Rich

GrandTrunk
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  8:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
>> all this time the wife thinks I've been making structures...

And you have, just not the ones she thinks!

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2015 :  10:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will throw in my hat to this Challenge.

The full diorama probably will not be completed prior to March '16, but I should have the main structure, the mill, completed for this challenge.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Page: of 13 Previous Topic: Emporium Seafood Topic Next Topic: Outside Corner Trim on Structures - Odd Angles  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000