Railroad Line Forums - Minitrains Couplers
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: pmmcgraw ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 Minitrains Couplers
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Scratchbuilt HOn30 Monson flats Topic Next Topic: Slim Gauge Guild : a great HO/HOn3 layout  

Cascade Man
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  8:37:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone! I just bought a set from Minitrains with the 0-4-0 F&C loco and four passenger cars. Looking to start a little micro layout. Anyone know how to maybe change the couplers to maybe a more conventional setup? I don't like the "american" freight cars they have and would like to maybe use some other equipment but I would need conventional couplers. Any thoughts?

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  9:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"N" scale couplers would be a place to start.

Bernd

Empire of the Air
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/21/2015 :  07:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cascade Man, where did you find an F&C set? Everywhere I've looked they are out of stock. I managed to pick up a couple of coaches at Caboose Hobbies while I was in CO last month, but that is all I have seen.

Wallace

Cascade Man
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/23/2015 :  1:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I special ordered it online from Caboose Hobbies. Haven't got it yet but I ordered it and paid for it.

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  12:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like McHenry N scale couplers, I posted a few pics in this thread:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44882

I've used most kinds of N scale couplers for different situations on HOn30/HOn3 models, including McHenry, Micro-Trains and dummy couplers from Grandt Line and RailLine. I find the plastic dummy couplers most useful on steam engines, where space under the pilots might be at a premium. I should mention though, that I don't bother with any kind of automatic uncoupling. I just use an uncoupling stick, or sometimes just lift the end of the car :)

-Cody

djdutch
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  6:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit djdutch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Empire of the Air

Cascade Man, where did you find an F&C set? Everywhere I've looked they are out of stock. I managed to pick up a couple of coaches at Caboose Hobbies while I was in CO last month, but that is all I have seen.

Wallace

I also ordered one but it didn't come soon enough, so I ordered one in italy on ebay. got it in less than 3 days love to search on the WWW and find the impossible, for a good price to. Minitrains raise their prices two times in the last few months

DJ

Cascade Man
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  5:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DJ, did you have to wait a long while with Caboose Hobbies before you cancelled? I didn't know the set was impossible to find and hopefully I can get mine from Caboose Hobbies soon.

Previous Topic: Scratchbuilt HOn30 Monson flats Topic Next Topic: Slim Gauge Guild : a great HO/HOn3 layout  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000