Railroad Line Forums - Rich White models
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 202 ]  [ Total: 202 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Rich White models
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The 2020 Group Challenge Topic Next Topic: Theres aluminium in those sun-drenched hills
Page: of 2

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2015 :  3:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night I ordered a bunch of Grandt line windows for the Rich White/Grampee's Attic, I purchased on Ebay back in January. It seems all the suppliers I checked with were out of stock. Oaktree Hobbies showed they were in stock on there order page. So I placed an order believing they had the items. 24 hours later, I received this email.

>Thank you for your order. Attached is a copy of your invoice.<

So sorry for the delay. The shipping warehouse is awaiting a restock
from the distributor of GRANDT LINE for your DOUBLE HUNG --2/2 LIGHT 36"
x 64", DOUBLE-HUNG--2/2 LIGHT 18" x 78" and FACTORY FRONT DOOR 39"X92"
W/ TRANSOM that should be arriving in the next few weeks. The 42"x 91"
FACTORY WINDOW and HORIZONTAL WINDOW SLIDING--4/4 52"x 33" are slated
for a Mid/Late May release and can ship as soon as they arrive. Once
your order ships you will receive a tracking number.<

I replied with a cancellation and refund request. I'm waiting to hear back from them. I would caution members that if you plan on purchasing a Rich White kit from Ebay, and don't already have the windows, doors ( there large) you may not be able to get them. Tichey doesn't offer the size. I decided to build my own windows and doors for this project. As I don't have confidence I will ever receive them from Oakridge. Grandt line is not responding on line. A while back a member mentioned that the owner was having some health issues. Quite understandable. But problematic for the individual modeler'...

Revision: Grandt Line is responding. I received an email from Liz, They are taking individual orders through Email, Phone, and mail.
All the items I required are in stock and will be shipped out on Monday. There are no problems involving direct orders....for modelers..

Ted

Edited by - quartergauger48 on 04/24/2015 10:21:45 PM

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2015 :  5:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting detail parts is a challenge. I keep the stock of a small hobby shop on hand at my house. When it's my time to go, someone is going to think I was nuts. So, this time I got lucky and had everything I needed, on hand for my walls. Good luck.

Edited by - BigLars on 04/24/2015 11:37:54 PM

hairball
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/24/2019 :  6:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just happened to be going thru the ebay listing for rich white models, some pretty neat stuff and I can see it going with tom yorkes TEX MEX kits.

As one who was offering Tom Yorke re-issue complete kits, I can understand where he has gone from kits to just the walls and plans only. Really knocks down the price . I did that also and they sold a whole lot faster.

mike lynch MADMIKE3434 HAIRBALL

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: The 2020 Group Challenge Topic Next Topic: Theres aluminium in those sun-drenched hills  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000