Railroad Line Forums - Check some of these out
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: Wayne Taylor ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Check some of these out
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Well maintained steam in China (weathering) Topic Next Topic: Silver City Models  

CavalryTrooper25
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/16/2015 :  2:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, so this is a link to a British website offering kits in British OO scale, which is 1/76, rather than 1/87 like HO.

These kits build up to narrow gauge that runs on N gauge track, IE HOn2.5. So the narrow gauge guys may find much to like here, but, consider what we could do with some of it in HO standard gauge? I have looked at some of these an mused as to possibilities. Take a look, and post your thoughts!

http://meridianmodels.co.uk/price-list.html

Horse

thayer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/16/2015 :  4:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are lovely models. I can just imagine a small layout based on a slate quarry.

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2015 :  4:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great models. Thanks for the link. I had the opportunity to visit Wales with my family a couple of years ago and ride on some of the narrow gauge there. Did not ride on the Ffestiniog at that time but got to ride on the new Welsh Highland behind a Garratt. Great experience if it hadn't been for the constant downpour.

Would be great doing a small layout based on those small railways.

Håkan

Edited by - masonamerican on 04/16/2015 4:47:09 PM

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2015 :  7:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've built a couple of these locomotive kits (the armoured Simplex and the Billard T-75D)and they are quite nice, though getting the mechanisms running is quite a challenge. You might be able to get a standard gauge mechanism inside the Simplex but it would be a tight fit. I don't think the Billard is doable unless you make it inside framed... I'd really like to get ahold of more of the WWI stuff for a mini layout...

-Cody

Previous Topic: Well maintained steam in China (weathering) Topic Next Topic: Silver City Models  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000