Railroad Line Forums - 50ft O scale sternwheeler
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: 2109keego ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 50ft O scale sternwheeler
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Coast Line RR vol 6 Topic Next Topic: Advice on Gauge for Buses and Feeders
Page: of 4

lenelg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  11:46:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit lenelg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simon Cox, aka. Kitwood Hill Models, a small UK manufacturer, is set to release a neat little 50 ft river steamer - see http://www.kitwoodhillmodels.com/50ft-river-steamer/ . This will look great on my Pacific Northwest On30 logging layout!

(I have no other connection to this than as an eagerly waiting customer)

Lennart Elg - the Sloat Lumber Man

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  12:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lenelg, Nice kit... I'm wondering if these kind of boats were still being used in the early forties in the US ?? as this is the era I want to model.

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  12:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like lot of interesting possibilities with this kit.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Grant Whipp
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  2:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, that's great, Lennart ...

... Thanks! for posting it ... ...! I'd drawn up a plan for a riverfront dock-side scene that would take up a couple of modules and have a freight-style sternwheeler ... I even managed to find a set of plans for ship that I was going to modify to fit ... this kit would save me a whole lot of trouble (if I ever get around to building those modules, that is ... ...) ...!

Kitwood Hills has some nice stuff! As I posted on my DW&A thread, I'm taking a serious look at their Ore Bin & Tipple. Thanks, again, and as always ...

CHEERS!

JSBSOn30MRRs - Jefferson State Black Sheep On30 Model Railroaders, Founding Member
DW&A - Diddy Wells & Afterthought On30 Module/Mini-Layout

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  2:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Len', That is a very nice web site and they have some great kits and accessories. Very interesting.
Thanks for posting. I really like their furniture kit.

quote:
Originally posted by lenelg

ted :<)

spyder62
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  10:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit spyder62's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simon is a great guy and does some fantastic kits.
rich

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
--John Adams

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  10:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig H

Lenelg, Nice kit... I'm wondering if these kind of boats were still being used in the early forties in the US ?? as this is the era I want to model.

Absolutely, check this resource

http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/WebZ/FETCH?sessionid=01-64811-1265263743&recno=1&next=html/nfbrief.html&bad=error/badfetch.html&entitytoprecno=1&entitycurrecno=1&resultset=2&numrecs=12&format=B&entityScanReferral=FALSE

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  10:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also check Train troll http://www.traintroll.com/osternwheelcritter.html

He has sternwheeler critters and other stuff that my be interesting. Not affiliated with them just giving a plug.

BTW did he ever price his kit< Caught the latest feed on facebook. looks nice!

Edited by - Philip on 12/21/2014 10:34:37 PM

lenelg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  09:36:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit lenelg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have one of the Train Troll kits as well, and plan to finish it as a steam donkey powered logging workboat, inspired by the Big River "Maru" - see http://www.depuffendeschoorsteen.com/big-river-maru-i/

/Lennart

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  10:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This kit really aggravates me !! He doesnít have an HO version. Boo-hoo. And all this time I've been collecting old Florida steamers. This would have made a perfect base model to bash.

And my personal favorite.

Frank

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 12/22/2014 10:30:47 AM

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  3:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started a thread on the SS Maru 5 years ago.

It's currently a shelf orphan.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28122

Philip

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2014 :  7:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Len, I hope you donít mind the intrusion into your thread. One more comment and Iíll be on my way, except to follow the build of course.

Philip, I just went through your thread, great job, saved it.

Frank

Ollie
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/23/2014 :  02:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ollie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice set of photos... I may have a lok on that kit too!

www.olaviahokas.com/trainstuff

lenelg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/23/2014 :  05:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit lenelg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The future home of my sternwheelers:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlsbz0b1bnvx09l/dump_short8_300dpi.jpg?dl=0

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2014 :  10:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lennart, great idea incorporating the use of paddle wheel steamers into your logging operation. Iím really into layouts incorporating water in the theme. The idea of using staples for the L&P is really a time saver.

Frank

lenelg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/23/2014 :  11:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit lenelg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Note that you can view the trackplan in more detail if you download it, rather than viewing it on the Dropbox web page.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Coast Line RR vol 6 Topic Next Topic: Advice on Gauge for Buses and Feeders  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000