Railroad Line Forums - Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Page: of 64

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  10:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're going to look so good

From Carson City,Nevada.

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2017 :  10:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Thank you. I'm hoping they do.

I see you must be at the V&T history conference. Have a great time!

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 10/14/2017 :  08:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike they're looking fit & trim!

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/14/2017 :  09:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Bill!

--Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2017 :  6:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New photos with cupolas at various stages of construction:

Finish these up and then on to . . . we'll see. Maybe back to the frame and steps. Meanwhile we are off to Charlottesville, VA to visit daughter.

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  6:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was not looking forward to the cupolas because of all the fiddly bits that needed to de done, and the challenge of getting them to fit squarely on the roof with no gaps. In the end all that was required was patience and care, and a little filing of the lower edge.

They are just sitting on the roof for now, and will actually be attached once everything is painted and windows installed.

I'm glad they are done.

Mike

OK Hogger
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  6:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent work Mike! Excellent!

robchant
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  7:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks really good Mike.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  7:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Guys, thank you!

Mike

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  8:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice little buggies, Mike! Or are these "Cabin Cars?"

Hey-- I'm a B&M kind of guy; they're "buggies" to me....

Pete
in Michigan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  8:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pete,

Thank you. On the Lehigh Valley and subsidiaries it's "caboose." How prosaic. But true,according to the ORERs of the period.

What the crews called them, I do not know.

I do like "buggies."

Mike

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  8:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Pete,

Thank you. On the Lehigh Valley and subsidiaries it's "caboose." How prosaic. But true,according to the ORERs of the period.

What the crews called them, I do not know.

I do like "buggies."

Mike

Mike,

I operate on a bunch of different railroads, and have to keep things straight. The Santa Fe guy needs "Way Cars," the Pennsy guy wants "Cabin Cars," I have "Buggies," some want "Cabooses," and so on. Add in the Hacks, Crummies and several other interesting descriptions, and things get complicated quickly!

But whatever you call them, your little cabeese are works of art. Very nice!

Pete
in Michigan

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 11/03/2017 8:55:39 PM

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  9:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow Michael, I have missed a lot in this thread. That is some mighty fine styrene work! Fantastic.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 11/03/2017 :  10:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, beautiful work!

Greg Shinnie

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/04/2017 :  08:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely done indeed!

It's only make-believe

Page: of 64 Previous Topic: The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley Topic Next Topic: The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000