Railroad Line Forums - Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 100 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Georgia on a slow train Topic Next Topic: Anyone get anything from Santa?
Page: of 46

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/24/2017 :  10:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,

I know. I don't seem to have a problem with them and I have so many that I don't feel like replacing them all. I picked up a couple of the Micro Engineering DCC-friendly turnouts to see how I like them.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  6:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There do not appear to be many of us posting new work on our models and layouts, so even though it is very incremental, I'll show what I've done in the odd moments.

I've been painting track, first the sides of my rails with Rail Brown, and ties gray and brown colors, more or less at random:

The weather is really too nice for much of this, but painting track is such a mind-deadening process that it's best done a little at a time anyway.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  10:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
J do it while listening to Dylan. Helps me. Maybe you prefer Jack White?
But it must be done.
ed

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  10:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I usually save Dylan for going to work or long trips. Although I do have some vinyl that I can't play in my car. . .

Mike

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  11:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see you keeping busy Mike'.. Next rainy day, get those tracks painted up'...and finished'...

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  08:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, this prompts me to get back to work on the layout - even if it is for short periods at a time. Thanks for the nudge.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  11:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm a member of the Summer Modeling club too.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  9:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ted, will do. Only a couple sections to go before I start ballasting.

Bruce, always happy to give a nudge.

James, I lke the idea of a Summer Modelng Club. Helps me pace myself on those more strenuous summer tasks. Even at a slow rate I'm surprised how much I get done over time.

-Mike

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  12:04:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael,
I'm reading Robbie Robertson's new book-Testimony. Love The band.
ed

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  9:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed,

Saw The Band in the early 70's. Great show. I'll have to take a look at that book.

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  9:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lehigh Valley caboose status: End sills formed and cemented to frame; sides and ends cut out:

Next: cut out openings for windows and doors.

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 07/05/2017 9:57:36 PM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  11:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good Mike. Isn't Styrene fun to work with? it give such crisp results.

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  11:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
I also read Levon Helm's book, This Wheels On Fire, very sad as is Robbie's. I saw The Band and with Robbie many, many times, including Woodstock and The Last Waltz. And The Band in various forms with out him. I saw Levon months before he died at Ruth Eckert Hall in Clearwater, Fl.. Both books are great history lessons into rock and roll. The good, the bad and the ugly.
Enjoy, if you read them.
ed

robchant
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/13/2017 :  11:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

I finally got the chance to go thru your entire thread tonight, and I have to say it was a very enjoyable few hours. Your work and craftsmanship is quite the inspiration for every project you tackled. I am actually looking forward and itching to start planning and scratch building a few structures of my own.

Take care,
Rob.

Free Layout Design Help / Some Design Ideas (All Scales)

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2017 :  08:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob, yes I do indeed like the clean, accurate results I get with styrene although I get more pleasure working with wood.

Ed, I try not to be too immersed in the ancient history of my life but I will have to pick up at least one of the books. When I'm going out the door on a long distance drive I grab my 6" stack of Dylan plus collections of Beethoven piano sonatas and Bartok quartets.

Rob, thank you for looking in and also for your kind words. I enjoy watchng your progress as well. As far as craftsmanship and inspiration go, there is a lot of that to be had on these forums. I find watching others to be a real motivator.

Mike

Page: of 46 Previous Topic: Georgia on a slow train Topic Next Topic: Anyone get anything from Santa?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000