Railroad Line Forums - Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Boy, Isnt She Stacked! Topic Next Topic: Anyone get anything from Santa?
Page: of 46

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  10:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nicely Michael. The store looks railroady in that setting.

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  10:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nicely done Michael. The store looks railroady in that setting.

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

Glen Haasdyk
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  10:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work on the store, Mike. I really like it when modelers go the extra mile and add the interiors to their structures.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  10:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd

Very nicely done Michael. The store looks railroady in that setting.

Bernd

Bernd, I can't think of a higher compliment. Thank you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  10:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Glen Haasdyk

Great work on the store, Mike. I really like it when modelers go the extra mile and add the interiors to their structures.

Glen, thank you. Maybe I'd better nudge the interior higher on the to do list.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2016 :  07:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, A typical looking general store, that will fit just right anywhere. Sometime the upstairs might be a storeroom, but also could be where the owner and family lives and they might have their own entry, so you could just put curtains in the windows there. And no problem with the first floor door that you moved over, that happens on the prototypes too when the interior gets reworked.

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  2:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Mike! A interior would be the icing on the cake but must be judged against how close the building is to the edge of the layout and how easy it is to see.

Håkan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  7:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Håkan,

I have started working again on my machine shop, meanwhile collecting Ideas and images for an interior to the general store. Shelves and counters are not a problem, nor is the chimney and stove. I bought a couple of stove castings many years ago. The main problem will be merchandise on the shelves. Many historic photos show stacks of tin cans, which I will need to scratchbuild in quantity.

I have no specific spot on my layout for the store, but one I have in mind is several feet from the aisle. I definitely would need lighting

Mike

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  07:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, sent you a PM

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  09:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael, I just discovered your thread here, and had a look at the work that you have been doing in it.
Everything from rolling stock to structures and even layout construction, it's all very impressive looking!
Please keep up the great work you are doing on all aspects of your layout's construction.
Now that I found your thread here, I will definitely be following along!

Greg Shinnie

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  5:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign

Michael, I just discovered your thread here, and had a look at the work that you have been doing in it.
Everything from rolling stock to structures and even layout construction, it's all very impressive looking!
Please keep up the great work you are doing on all aspects of your layout's construction.
Now that I found your thread here, I will definitely be following along!

Greg Shinnie

Greg,

That's high praise from an accomplished modeler like yourself. I can tell you that hanging out with craftsman such as you and watching detailed models come together has me trying a little harder. Thank you for the kind words.

Mike

rda
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  09:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike:
For tinned goods simply use the appropriate diameter plastic rod and have at it. Scoring at intervals works fine and you can paint, or print-up micro labels if you have the patience.
RDA

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  1:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a dvd with the late Paul Scoles. He simply took electrical wire on which he pulled out the conductive wire. He then cut tins out of the insulation. Simple and looked great after some painting.

Håkan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  9:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rda

Mike:
For tinned goods simply use the appropriate diameter plastic rod and have at it. Scoring at intervals works fine and you can paint, or print-up micro labels if you have the patience.
RDA

I'll probably give this a try. I've been looking on the Internet for ideas and labels.

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  9:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by masonamerican

I saw a dvd with the late Paul Scoles. He simply took electrical wire on which he pulled out the conductive wire. He then cut tins out of the insulation. Simple and looked great after some painting.

Håkan

Håkan,

I'll give your idea a try also. I would never have thought of it.

Mike

Page: of 46 Previous Topic: Boy, Isnt She Stacked! Topic Next Topic: Anyone get anything from Santa?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000