Railroad Line Forums - A small distraction - Estrella Copper Co.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 101 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 A small distraction - Estrella Copper Co.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Marty Jones Topic Next Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist
Page: of 19

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  10:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Larry,
It appears you and me are working similar issues, of what the camp and nearby surrounds will look like. From the old mines I have seen, there appears to be a lot of debris, used and new, stuff coming in and being consumed. My Mine will be mostly dirt and rock too, it will have the sage brush in some areas, and some of the plants that Bill sent along. As you know my RR is not a Furlow type Mine. You might take several months just to detail it out. Those mini straws for coffee (the black and brown ones) are great for those can dumps, the problem is getting the paint and powders to stick. Paint them, powder them, then use a paper cutter to chop them off, make a lot of them.

Save all your old wood from building projects, the cut offs the scrap, that works too.

My goal once you have looked at my mine is for the viewer to ask for a bottle of water, that sense of dryness.

Les

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  7:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry,
Thanks for the nice comments, I think I was posting while you were at the beach.

Les,
I should raid my modules from the NNGC in Hickory, they are full of rusted out discarded mine stuff. I did start to play with making tin cans a few weeks back but got distracted again. Looking forward to some progress pictures from your module.

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 06/08/2015 :  7:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice composition, Larry. I like how you have arranged the structures.

Arthur

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  7:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthur, Thanks for the support.

I was playing with color yesterday and wanted to go more painted desert.

Thoughts?

I also found a basket case engine I had and decided to run it through the back shop. It appears all it needed was a keep alive decoder to make it run like a champ. Four hours of playing but it never stalls. Can Anyone ID the maker of this critter?

Edited by - BigLars on 07/06/2015 7:48:43 PM

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  8:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Except for the cactus, that's the color I use for ground cover too.
It looks good Larry. Stay with it.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  8:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know about the critter.

But the ground cover is sure looking nice.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  9:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Larry and Geez, yeah those are the colors I am using too, I am going to try to build some sage brush this weekend to see how that will help.

Les

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  11:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good!

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2015 :  7:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ray,

The place is going to the dogs!

I added a TCS KAT 22 to the tin chicken, no more stalls. I'm now committed to the fact that all the little engines that will run on this show layout will have keep alive decoders added.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2015 :  7:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more picture for fun.

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 08/09/2015 :  10:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Siesta time.....the tcs stay alives are worth the extra bucks....jmo
Looks good Larry.....

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  7:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The desert look looks very natural with the mine. Dogs are always a nice addition.

Roland

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  7:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great Larry!

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  05:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Larry. at first glance it looks alot like the chivers/slimrails Ptikins loco, i have one.

Is it white metal? If not, smokey bottom lumber company used to make a bit of a copy of the slim rails kit in resin with some minor differences, either way it's a beaut and i agree with you on those keep alive chips, apart from some of my porters, and a davenport i think i'll need to add them to all of my locos.

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/14/2015 :  11:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Larry, that is looking really good! Keep up the progress!

Page: of 19 Previous Topic: Marty Jones Topic Next Topic: M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000