Railroad Line Forums - Clever Models Maintenance Shed Bash
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 141 ]  [ Total: 145 ]  [ Newest Member: emmetshouse ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Clever Models Maintenance Shed Bash
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Phornication Topic Next Topic: couple on30 questions, and thoughts  

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2014 :  8:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a road run into the backdrop. With a very small space I curved it up .. but needed a view-block to hide that ..

I had previously built the Clever Models O Scale Maintenance Shed. I layered boards and used Tichy windows

I re-worked/bashed the Maintenance Shed by removing any windows on the sides and sticking a window and door on the back where I made it a two story(ish). This hides the end of the wall. I haven't built the ground up to it yet in this pic. The walls are just printed .. no layering as this will be mostly hid behind the brick barbershop ..

With the brick building in place you can barely see the wooden building behind it from this view. Even if you step to the left it will work fine.

This is just about as far to the right as I can get my camera as the tripod is hitting the layout. The edge of the road behind the wooden building can bee seen in this pic - but that will be filled in by something .. a pole with a sign? Donno .. figure that out later (the tower building is just sitting in place for the pic)

Pic from save angle with the brick building in place

Finally the camera moved back so it is centered between the two other views. The left side of the road .. hmmm. May move the building back and up a bit .. a walk/stairs could blend in that area

.. with the brick building in place though .. it acts as a view block. Cool beans.

on30vince
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  06:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely done.
Vince

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  06:11:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another step in the right direction ...

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

Geezer
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  07:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea on using completed projects.
The part that will show, does it's job.
looking forward to more progress.

"You can find my Website & Threads here:"
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47229

northern6400
Fireman

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  07:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice blending of structures.

Chuck Faist
Burlington, Ontario
Enjoy yourself it is later than you think!

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  12:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Playing with the dirt and weeds ...

thtroll
Crew Chief

Supporting Member

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  1:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit thtroll's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed, nicely done. Modeled to rear life, not every building can be a focal point. Having said that, everything I've seen you build should be. Beautifully modeled.

Cheers, Heath.

Previous Topic: Phornication Topic Next Topic: couple on30 questions, and thoughts  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000