Railroad Line Forums - Soda Creek & South Park
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 248 ]  [ Total: 254 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Soda Creek & South Park
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0 Topic Next Topic: The Tumathorp railroad  

nziainz
New Hire

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  8:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit nziainz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
as people were talking about this layout in another post i decided to find some pictures of it and post them

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  11:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting the pictures. It just amazes me there are no (hardly any) other pictures out there of this or any of other layouts Malcolm Furlow. I did some extensive searches and came up with very little..

ty

morganhillmodels
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  1:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit morganhillmodels's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dont believe it was ever finished. He only built a few large dioramas for the photos.

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  7:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If that's true, that would be a shame. I've always admired those few pictures and how much atmosphere they evoked.

Arthur

Pacbelt
Fireman

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  11:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pacbelt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I miss his 3D art!
I remember speaking to him at a meet, 26 years ago (whew!!).

I learned a lot in a short conversation, but also remember him being an elusive character....
Has anyone heard from him in the past 15-20 years???

Gn15Gnutt
Section Hand

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  03:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess he's moved on!
http://www.mccormickgallery.com/artists/furlow/05-04-16-article.html

NEMMRRC
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  04:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Long live Malcolm Furlow!

Jaime
www.narrowperspective.com

on30vince
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/09/2014 :  5:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the track plan for this r.r.
Vince

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2014 :  01:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I still have that issue of MR. Very dogeared and worn out at this point. I always was inspired by Malcolm's work.

David Meek

FloridaSteamer
New Hire

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  7:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any of the photos or articles that you would be willing to share. I just came across a single drawing of the SC&SP RR. It looks to be what I have been looking for for inspiration on building an On30 layout. The picture of the drawing is not very good. Or if you know some sites that have what I need, that would be great...

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  09:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you could download the article from Kalmbach if you are a subscriber, I was but I let it run out. You also may want to check in Model Railroad Planning, Tony Koester showed how a small track change to the original plan would add a lot of operation.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  10:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The original Soda Creek & South Park articles were Oct. & Nov. 1986 Model Railroader. Koester's modified plan was the 1998 Model Railroad Planning. Enough people are disposing of old paper magazines that it seems fairly easy to get the originals. Check Etsy or eBay,

FloridaSteamer
New Hire

Posted - 09/12/2020 :  10:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. I'll start doing some searching...

Previous Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0 Topic Next Topic: The Tumathorp railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000