Railroad Line Forums - Showcase of FSM kits built by us, for George
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 57 ]  [ Total: 62 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Showcase of FSM kits built by us, for George
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Baileys Produce FSM #JS2 Topic Next Topic: Station in two versions.
Page: of 9

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  08:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by masonamerican

I dared open the box after seeing Mike Chambers great thread building his.

Håkan, as with all Mike's threads, that one was filled with great modeling tips. Unfortunately, Mike passed away before he could complete the build. However, there is much to be learned by looking at the steps that he had completed. Here is a link to that thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17259&whichpage=1

jbelwood
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  09:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Back in January 1976, George made 2000 issues of his Timber Coal Tower No. 145 at just $36.95. What a deal that was. Hard to believe I built this little beauty 37 years ago.

John Elwood

Mike Engler
Fireman

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  12:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another coal company- George did several- this one is Bartholow Coal from 2006, JS-9. I think I did a build thread on this.

us-okrim
New Hire

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  3:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Karl A. - those are absolutely great shots from Kevin's work of Duffy's coal yard. After getting my hands on one of those kits back in August, I am currently building Duffy's myself. Again, great, great shots.

Thanks to sharing all these great builds to all of you. This thread deserves a sticky note.

Mirko, Milwaukee, WI

Collin Loo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  11:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Greg,

Thanks for starting a thread like this. It sure whet my appetite as a late comer to this hobby and as a FSM fan. I really have to stop drooling now. So anyone has a FSM kit they would like to depart? Just kidding.

Excellent workmanship everyone.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  09:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ETinBH

I am a peritoneal dialysis patient who does 4 exchanges daily - unable to leave for more than a few hours, certainly not travel anywhere with a dio under my arm - of course folks can drop by and view it along with my other dios any time they want - I'll make the coffee and have donuts

Elliott, I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm glad that it hasn't stopped you from continuing your modeling. Next time we are on the west coast, I'll take you up on the offer for coffee and donuts.

Paul Smulders
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  12:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few pic's from my first FSM build, Avram's Baking Co., always looking forward to my next one...

Paul

avramk
Section Hand

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  12:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really like Avram's bakery
from Avram
all the pics are just great of all the models

TjSeeley
Section Hand

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  12:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazing pictures of amazing talent! I love Fox Run, and hope to see Swackhammers and Chippy Hollow soon. My personal favorite is Elijah Roth. I have it, but am still practicing on Campbells kits. Maybe we'll see some FSM builds at the Expo next week.

Mike Engler
Fireman

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  3:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe we can cover them all. It's like collecting baseball cards but a lot more fun. I have a lot of the older ones, but some are gone or I have bad pics. Here is Butcher's Way that I named after my friend Gerry Leone.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  3:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,that looks bloody beautiful!
Thanks for your very excellent contributions to this thread!

Greg Shinnie

jbelwood
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  9:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Waterfront Street on my Olympic & Puget Sound Rwy.

John Elwood

chooch41
Fireman

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  9:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW! What an awesome thread. My favourite part of model railroading is building craftsman structures. They don't get much better than FSM kits. I have built a few. And fortunately I have a closet full of more yellow boxes to get done. My two favourite kits are Pile Driver and Elijah Roths. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. This thread is very inspirational.

[

[

chooch41
Fireman

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  10:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well O.K. A few more views of Elijah's....

I don't have a layout yet. These are packed away in boxes. It was great to dig them out and take a look at them again. Brings back some great modelling memories......

Brad

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  10:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I second what Greg said.

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: Baileys Produce FSM #JS2 Topic Next Topic: Station in two versions.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000