Railroad Line Forums - Magoun Pier
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Magoun Pier
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bar Mills HO Cundy Harbor Dock House Topic Next Topic: Xn-view software
Page: of 74

1gnfan
Section Hand

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  2:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am absolutely enthralled with this. First thread I go to to see progress. "Stunning" does not due it justice.
I note a Kelly Miller window card. Perhaps your a closet CMBer and we will see a parade winding by the terminal in the future??

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  4:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1gnfan

I am absolutely enthralled with this. First thread I go to to see progress. "Stunning" does not due it justice.
I note a Kelly Miller window card. Perhaps your a closet CMBer and we will see a parade winding by the terminal in the future??

Frank, thanks very much! It's a great joy for me, reading that you like checking out my Magoun pier thread!

Those Kelly Miller Bros. posters that you noticed, are a memento from the 1990's.
When I booked them to come and visit our little town, more than a year in advance of the actual show date.
It turned out to be a wonderful experience for me, residents came out to watch the elephants help in raising the tents!
And the show was spectacular, I loved seeing the smiles on everybody's faces.
And... I sold enough tickets to fill the tent twice, for 2 separate shows. Raising a bunch of needed money for our local park board in the process.
They stopped coming to Canada soon after that. I was told it became to difficult to get the animals across the boarder.
With all of the proper papers & vaccinations that were needed to cross.
I'm glad I got them here to our little town at least once though.
My only regret was my daughters were away at summer camp when the circus came to town.
So they missed all of that fun. :(

I think a circus coming too Magoun pier by rail, and then being loaded on the SANTOS ( or the other way around) would be a wonderful scene to model someday in the future indeed!
Keep a look out, for the coming soon posters.

Greg

1gnfan
Section Hand

Posted - 04/09/2016 :  3:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many shows used to go to Cuba by ship before Castro. I understand Ringling would book a winter show (not the complete 100 car show) and travel by ship. Don't know if it was an arena show or under canvas. having cages and equipment being loaded would be interesting.

All the best to all employees at the terminal

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 04/09/2016 :  4:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful work Greg - and some great photos, Robert! Thanks so much for sharing!

Cheers, Mark.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  8:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1gnfan

Many shows used to go to Cuba by ship before Castro. I understand Ringling would book a winter show (not the complete 100 car show) and travel by ship. Don't know if it was an arena show or under canvas. having cages and equipment being loaded would be interesting.

All the best to all employees at the terminal

Frank, I have the book "The Circus moves by rail" and in it are some photo's showing a circus using a rail ferry to get over too P.E.I.
Prince Edward island.

Thanks Mark!

Hi everyone, I thought I'd take a few more photo's before I return Magoun pier back to my crowded workshop.
Just to show you some of the things I finished before the tour.
First up the ivy that I continued on the sidewall of Testard Mathematical Instruments.

And also the ditch between the tracks and the stone retaining walls, that I filled up with bulrushes.

I will pour a little Magic Water into this ditch, when I eventually get to the lake water all around the pier.
Here is a view of this same section looking the opposite way.

I was able to light up most of the structures, except for Mallerich's Magic Shop & Nilsson Sailmakers.
I still need to do some work on those structures.
Here are a couple of night photo's showing how the lights that I have working look.

Thanks for looking!

Greg

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  8:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice images, Greg!

Pete
in Michigan

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  07:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outstanding photos.

Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51837

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  07:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pier never gets old...very nice Greg!

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  08:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This gets better every time I look at it. Beautiful work Greg.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  08:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greg, great scenes, great photos. I particularly like the way the track runs through the scene between the buildings. Captures the look of urban rail lines. Overgrown along the margins of the right of way. I'm taking notes.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  08:33:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg, You've built a terrific waterfront module that looks great from any angle!

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  08:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for your wonderful comments guys!
I really appreciate them, especially when they come from my modeling peers.

Greg

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  10:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Greg, You've built a terrific waterfront module that looks great from any angle!

I'm with Bill.

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  10:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet... Just awesome eye candy.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2016 :  10:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Frank & Kris.

Here are a couple more scenes from around the pier.

Greg

Page: of 74 Previous Topic: Bar Mills HO Cundy Harbor Dock House Topic Next Topic: Xn-view software  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000