Railroad Line Forums - Magoun Pier
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Magoun Pier
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bar Mills HO Cundy Harbor Dock House Topic Next Topic: Xn-view software
Page: of 74

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  10:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice mods, Greg! This looks really good, and I like the stone peeking out from under the dock. Good call!

That Palmer Salvage operation is gonna need a tug. Thoughts?

Pete
in Michigan

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  10:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pete!
Palmers' Salvage tug is currently being used over at Wrecker's Reef gathering nautical goodies for resale.

Greg

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  10:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign

Thanks Pete!
Palmers' Salvage tug is currently being used over at Wrecker's Reef gathering nautical goodies for resale.

Greg

Including Rum, or was that the whole purpose of the trip?

Pete
in Michigan

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  07:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg, That is looking very good and I am excited about you getting back to work on this fantastic
project. Can't wait to see it develop.

Shiver me timbers!! Palmer's Nautical Salvage sounds like a great place to work.

Barnacle Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51837

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  07:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like all the changes going on down at the pier Greg!

And that model of a human finger in the last shot is VERY realistic---Nice job!

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  07:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg, Not only have you managed to salvage enough room for another neat little business, but you've also been able to add more interesting wall-to-wall details all over the place. Nice work!

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greg Iím humbled by the honor. I would like to mention all of our merchandise is discounted to RRL members. I might add I really like the location since Iím enamored with Nilssonís so much. Love that building. Thanks again Greg.

Yesterday our family got a taste of your weather. We all went to Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando to see the ďIceĒ show. Its 6,500 colored blocks of ice carved into sculptures it was 9 degrees in there and 82 degrees outside. The grand-kids loved tubing on the snow slide.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 01/02/2016 09:16:25 AM

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  09:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for your posts guys!

Pete, I'm certain that one or two bottles might have climbed on board, but they were for medicinal purposes only.

Bob, I remember visiting such a place in Florida once, and it was packed full of all kinds of neat nautical stuff inside & outside.
A look that I will try to recreate with my Palmer's.
And it did look like a very interesting place to work!

Carl, it's about that time of year, that my pale Canadian finger should get some Bahamian colouring on it soon.

Bill, are you referring to all of the details in my small workshop that you see laying everywhere, in the background of most of my photos?
Thank goodness I put this display on wheels or I'd really have problems working on it, with all of my surrounding mess about me.

Thanks again guys, for your interest & posts!

Greg

Edited by - Ensign on 01/02/2016 10:51:36 PM

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  09:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

Greg Iím humbled by the honor. I would like to mention all of our merchandise is discounted to RRL members. I might add I really like the location since Iím enamored with Nilssonís so much. Love that building. Thanks again Greg.

Yesterday our family got a taste of your weather. We all went to Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando to see the ďIceĒ show. Its 6,500 colored blocks of ice carved into sculptures it was 9 degrees in there and 82 degrees outside. The grand-kids loved tubing on the snow slide.

Frank, I've been wanting to build this tribute structure to you for some time now.
I've been trying to figure out where is it going to fit in the space I have left.
So I was very happy when I came up with the idea of moving the Nilsson's ahead a bit, to try and fit your building into place, without making it look to crowded.
I will be building it as part of the KiSS challenge.
So keep your spyglass looking for that.

Greg

JeffB
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  09:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Bill, are you referring to all of the details in my small workshop that you see laying everywhere, in the background of most of my photos?
Thank goodness I put this display on wheels or I'd really have problems working on it, with all of my surrounding mess about me.

Greg, I've been in that workshop and can imagine it must be getting cramped in there! I like the changes and the progress you are making. I just hope you can get it out of your workshop when it is finished!

Jeff

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  4:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign
I will be building it as part of the KiSS challenge. So keep your spyglass looking for that.
Greg

I'll be tuned in and eagerly awaiting each and every installment.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 01/02/2016 4:12:33 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  5:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow that is some fancy footwork Greg really like what you've done.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2016 :  10:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jeff, Frank & Jerry, for your posts!

Jeff, since you last visited my small work space, I have added even more artifacts & tools to the mix.
So it's even more crowded down there now.

Frank, I hope to begin the build tomorrow (Sunday).

Jerry, I've got 2 left feet, so that sometimes requires some fancy footwork indeed!

Greg

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2016 :  12:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice stone work on those retaining walls Greg'. This is going to be a real beauty'..

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 01/03/2016 :  1:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Greg. I hope you are well.

Just catching up after some time away from the forum and wow, What a beauty this is turning out to be.

Keep up the good work my friend.

Page: of 74 Previous Topic: Bar Mills HO Cundy Harbor Dock House Topic Next Topic: Xn-view software  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000