Railroad Line Forums - Saccara Valley RR - module
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 160 ]  [ Total: 160 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Saccara Valley RR - module
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Logging Disconnects Topic Next Topic: Torres y Prietas mining narrow gauge
Page: of 8

lisican
Section Hand

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  6:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are some shots of the station as it currently stands. I need to add office details - chair, typewrite, phone, etc., as well as other details like packages, baggage carts, and figures. The exterior light and desk lamp light up, and will be controlled via a switch accessed through a soon to be added exhaust pipe in the outhouse (I just noticed the outhouse roof is a little janky in a few pictures). The main structure is roughly 4" x 6" x 4.5".

There are a number of pictures, I tried to keep the file size small, apologies if it takes a while to load.

Anyway, I just wanted to share some more of what I'd been inspired to do from the modeling on this site.

The Saccara Valley Railroad
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40322
www.1223artistry.com

ironflyer
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  7:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee whiz Nick, you could sit right there and catch a train!
Nice job!

That's fine, it'll make another trip kid.

Paul

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  10:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NIck, great to see the Saccara Valley...what a great looking layout and logo! I have been heads-down on a project too long, please accept my belated welcome!

Your rockwork is very convincing, the station is charming, and I get thirsty just looking at your photos. Love the station interior, I have wanted to do that. The foam core construction covered with plaster seems to have worked very well for you. I do agree that the landform you mention would probably be better represented as a rock face.

Do you have a track plan defined, if so could you share? I'll be following your posts with great interest. Given the interest you have generated in just a few posts, it looks like many other agree!

Edited by - MinerFortyNiner on 07/13/2013 11:07:18 PM

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  11:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nick,
I love the station, I can feel the desert sun and heat. Any other pictures of the patio covering?
Larry

lisican
Section Hand

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  12:04:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry - I'll take some more pictures of the patio covering and post them. It is made of twigs, thread at the unions of the branches, and cheap paint brush bristles for the covering. In the meantime here's one, that includes some blurry trackwork.

Thanks Verne, the logo was designed after following along in the thread in the Crafstman Corner about "São Martins de Rio Valbergue". There were a lot of good pointers which helped out.

Here's a quick track plan. As it's currently a simple module, there isn't a whole lot going on track wise. I wanted to keep it somewhat simple, while still giving me something to work on. The simple track plan made laying the track a (relatively) quick process.

www.1223artistry.com

thtroll
Crew Chief

Supporting Member

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  12:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit thtroll's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nick, just amazing. Great looking layout, looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers, Heath.

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  02:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work on that station interior!

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  05:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice work, Nick, very attractive little station.
And a belated welcome to the forum.

fireman93514
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  09:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job Nick. I love the cacti. Welcome to the group.

lisican
Section Hand

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  1:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are a few pictures of the outdoor shade cover.

www.1223artistry.com

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  2:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nick, your station is outstanding.

stockjunkie
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  4:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit stockjunkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really like this build, this desert stuff is getting to me also!!! One question, what did you use for the curved windows on the end opposite the shade area? Are those scratch built or?? Really nice work Nick. JD.

lisican
Section Hand

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  5:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks JD. The curved windows were scratch built. I started by attaching strip wood around the noncurved parts of the window. The curved frame part is just painted, getting the wood to curve without cracking wasn't working as easily as I'd hoped. The inner window parts are also strip wood. The large window glass pieces are cut from clear styrene, and the smaller upper portions are made from Testor's Clear Parts Cement. I tried to cut out window pieces from the clear styrene, but that was way harder than I'd hoped.

www.1223artistry.com

Mostro
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/14/2013 :  7:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting the station details, it looks great. I feel the need to sit out in the courtyard with a cold cerveza.

Derick

"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." - Dave Barry

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  02:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are some very inviting scenes, rich in local flavor!

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Logging Disconnects Topic Next Topic: Torres y Prietas mining narrow gauge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.49 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000