Railroad Line Forums - Large scale Indoor layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 264 ]  [ Total: 269 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Large scale Indoor layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0
Page: of 36

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/16/2016 :  6:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have gotten alot done over the past 2 weeks.

Next on the turntable I got the frame built up for the elevated walkway. I placed the vertical timbers in place and then added the horizontal stringers. ..

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/16/2016 :  6:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I then stained all of the stringers and then added the home made scupltomold around the base.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/16/2016 :  7:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I then added the cross braces and then when back and added real dirt to the area. The tile grout that I am using for the base everywhere else stains/discolors the wood ties to much to use.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/16/2016 :  7:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I then went and planked the whole thing. I did use a mixture of straight and angled planks to plank the whole thing.I used and straight beam on the center line of the round table to make sure that the planks were straight with the centerline.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/17/2016 :  09:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good Ty.

Frank

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/17/2016 :  11:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks real good. Nice job.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 07/17/2016 11:10:20 AM

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/18/2016 :  12:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ty,
Great job on the turntable!

David Guffey

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/18/2016 :  8:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys...

I did make a hand rail system for the walkway but I feel its too early to install it. I may break them off while working on the layout.

I figured I would make it from something that that would normally hae on hand. So I cut some code 250 rail and drilled holes to accept the hand rails later...

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  10:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He guys, Still trying to get out all the stuff I got done over the last couple weeks.

As I was trying to get some of the ground cover in place i realized there was an area that I could not reach even with the the Top Side Creeper I have. So I decided to add a lift out to the layout. So I took my scroll saw and cut out a 12 x 18 inch piece of 3/4" plywood. I then glued 1/2" foam to the top of that.
I then added my homemade Sculptamold to the top making sure to keep the edges square.

Edited by - fockewulf37 on 07/20/2016 10:36:27 PM

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  10:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I then placed plastic wrap over the area. I then folded the plastic over the lift out.

I then added sculptamold around the area and let it harden up before i lifted it out.. I did have to sand the areas just a little to make the lift out pop up easily....

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/28/2016 :  09:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the sideways pic's but my computer showed then upright..

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/28/2016 :  09:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have done some work on the lower part of the trestle area. I had a opening built in so I could add a mine. Here is a before and then the work I have done so far. I had a Western Scale Models ore car and figure That I built for this too. I still have a lot to do .

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/28/2016 :  09:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here are a couple closer pic's. I built a mine opening insert. I then built a piece that was angled to make the mine shaft look deep into the hill. I added lighting and track that goes back into the mine...

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/28/2016 :  09:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dont know why the pic's keep going sideways?

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/29/2016 :  9:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to turn my laptop sideways to see some of the pictures but it is worth the effort. What gauge is the mine track? I have been building some GN15 so if you power the track maybe I can come run some trains.

Page: of 36 Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000