Railroad Line Forums - Large scale Indoor layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 248 ]  [ Total: 249 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Large scale Indoor layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0
Page: of 36

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/19/2015 :  09:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Track on!

Frank

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/19/2015 :  11:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ty,
Excellent progress. Great idea to get free foam.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/21/2015 :  11:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys,
Progress has slowed now that life is back to normal. I have continued to add layers of foam to build up areas.

Ty

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  07:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have gotten a little more work done over the past coupe days. I have been working a the top portion of the trestle that the ties will rest on. I had a particle board piece in place as a temporary measure.
To make the new piece I drew a center line around the particle board piece and placed a center nail on each end and in the center.
I had planned on making the whole thing out of cedar but I decided that it would mostly be cover with the ties and I could fake it and just use a cedar end caps and just fake it...

I started by cutting luan plywood in strips. I placed a strip and clamped it to the nails to check the curvature. Once satisfied, i started gluing the stringers to the center piece. I glued 3 pieces on each side,clamping as I went.

Ty

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  09:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice trestle and I see you're still raiding the dumpster for foam.

Frank

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frank,
Yes I have plenty of foam. I could fill up a 8x10 building...

After the first 7 pieces were in place. The center and then 3 on each side. I figured out where the the bents wold go and I added spacers (3 thick) on each side. I continued laminating with 4 more pieces on each side...

Finished piece. I just have to add the cedar edges,sand and cut to length. before adding color.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  12:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well its been 2 months since I posted anything. I have slowly been working along. did a little carving on some foam on one end.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  12:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have been working on the trestle section also. I really don't like making rock walls. I know in theory but I am just not good at it... any ay here are pic's along the way..

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  1:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Come on Ty, rock walls aren't that hard if you're using Frocks. And what's the sausage for, you hungry?

Frank

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/03/2015 :  07:59:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know but I get so impatient when work on things that is my down fall when it come to modeling.I had all this free foam and very little of the urethane foam that I just went with what I had. So here are some pic's of what I have done..Franks That is my lead shot weighs :).

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/04/2015 :  06:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here are pic' of the upper creek area..

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/04/2015 :  10:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That prospector will have mighty slim pickin’s around here, I ‘spect.

Frank

Randy May
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/22/2015 :  2:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are your minimum radius' and for what locos?

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/22/2015 :  3:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The smallest radius is about 8' and that is on one curve. on the new addition the curve is 9'.

Ty

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2015 :  4:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking rocks so far' NICE to have that kind of space'...Quite a rendition'...

Ted

Page: of 36 Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000