Railroad Line Forums - Large scale Indoor layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 229 ]  [ Total: 233 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Large scale Indoor layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0
Page: of 36

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/10/2015 :  8:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Once I got all the radi figured out I put the track together and made sure everything worked well. Once That was done I wen ahead and put down a base of 1/2" foam. I then wired it all and it worked great.

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 07/10/2015 :  9:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Landrel, I've just perused the 23 pages of your thread. Your new layout is expanding beautifully. I love running the trains in the garden of a friend's layout up here in Canada. What a dream it would be to run that scale indoors, like you are constructing. Magnificent effort thus far!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  07:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike for the comments. I have really been blessed with the room that I have. Since I added the workshop area it really opend up for the new expansion..

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  08:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok guys,
I was so excited to have it all togther and ready for a complete test run. That I took my Bachmann rail truck and figured if that made it around I would have no electrical problems...

This shows you how the first run around the layout turned out...

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  08:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooops!

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  08:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OMG, I missed a couple of days and I missed almost an entire layout build. Nice going Ty.

Frank

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  5:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frank.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  6:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Next I figured I should camouflage the 2 poles in the middle of the room. I first moved the electrical outlet to the top of the poles. I then primed both polls and painted them the 3 sky colors I use. From dark to light. I then went back and painted them the foliage colors. I use a Medium yellow and a paynes grey. I may have to paint higher on the poles but we will see when we get there..

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  6:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  7:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hummm, trees and sky, you didn't want to go with a Minute Man missle park?

Frank

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/12/2015 :  8:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Frank Your so right. Just a couple fins and a little paint and I would be ready to go...

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/12/2015 :  8:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well while just thinking about thus addition. The local Middle school was having a new roof put on. They are installing a metal roof over the old shingles. Part of putting the new roof on was putting down a layer of 1"of foam board.. Well I went by the site and talked to the foreman and asked him if I could have all of the the scrap foam board. They were cutting off large corners and sometime throwing away 1/2 sheets. so I have collected about $400 worth of foam over the past month..Well if I had to buy it that about what it would have cost me...

So I have been putting down a full covering of foam Board.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2015 :  10:37:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's my kinda guy, save money when you can.

Frank

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2015 :  11:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's coming along nicely!

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/18/2015 :  5:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So over the past week I have been adding foam to the layout to get a little elevation. I have not figured it all out yet but i'll have plenty in place to carve on once I get started..
I have placed a few buildings just to get a feel of the size of things. I may not even use these....

Edited by - fockewulf37 on 07/18/2015 5:32:29 PM

Page: of 36 Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000