Railroad Line Forums - Large scale Indoor layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 242 ]  [ Total: 246 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Large scale Indoor layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0
Page: of 36

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  12:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys,
ya'll are welcome anytime. Just need to clean up a little... Hopefully have the roof finished today or tomorrow. I can't sheet the walls yet until I get the window/door cut out of the brick. That will cause a huge amount of dust.
On reason I am making the room is to control the dust and odors in the layout area and also move all fabricating/building stuff into one place. I am not sure what I will use but I still have time.

Ty

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/07/2015 :  12:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys a lot more done in the past 2 weeks. I got the roofing all on and OSB on the walls and the siding on. My wife keeps calling this the unauthorized addition to the house. I did not have her full support. All i have to do to the outside is caulk the whole thing and paint it.
I have all the electrical in, insulation up and the sheeting on the interior walls. Still have to do the ceiling yet.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 05/07/2015 :  2:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ty, I really like the raccoon/armadillo door. And I see the perfect place for pigeons to build their nests, on the roof way in the back. Oh BTW, nice job on the 1:1 SBS.

Frank

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 05/08/2015 :  01:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, nice work!

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 05/08/2015 :  02:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/09/2015 :  05:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys...
That little door is going to be the exit for small paint booth exhaust fan..
I have all the walls covered and now working on the ceiling...

Ty

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/09/2015 :  06:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll have to create a custom 'space' for the other half before going on to another project. That way you can test out and fine tune the shop layout to make sure she functions the way you want it. And it might get you out of the dog house too. Nice extra space, something most of us can for sure relate too. I was wondering if you were going to include a spray paint booth as it looks like it would be easy to vent to the outdoors?

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  12:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok I have been working right along. I have not Post in about 10 days. I have the interior insulation and all the wall boards up and also the ceiling. I used r-13 insulation in the walls and r -19 in the ceiling. I also ran outlet along the wall so that they would be just above the bench tops. The wall s were sheeted with 1/4 inch luan. I would sheet with the 4x8 sheet running horizontally. I would install the bottom sheet and hook up the outlets then add the top sheeting to lock it all up. I then sheeted the ceiling with 7/16" OSB. I had the 4x8 sheets cut to 2x8 sheets which makes sheeting by yourself much easier.I installed 9 outlets in the ceiling just above the benchwork. these are controlled by a 3 way switch. It will control my lighting and any thing else I may have plugged in to the outlet. By sheeting 2 ft at a time it was very easy to install the insulation and the electrical outlets. It not really pretty but very functional...

ty

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  7:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking fantastic! I cant wait until i get my shed up and can start doing the fit out of my train room.
I like the casement windows and door by the way.
Keep the photos coming :-)

Owen Pass Lumber Company
HO Logging Layout in a Shed.
https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

Edited by - adrian_batey on 05/18/2015 7:42:24 PM

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  9:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very, very nice!

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 05/19/2015 :  09:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let there be .

Frank

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 05/19/2015 09:32:32 AM

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  4:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I Just have not had time to post pic's this week. I finished the interior up early last week .I only had a few odds and ends to do when I took these pictures. I am using all my cabinets and counter tops from my other shop area..

Here is my vacuum forming machine and the pipe comes from the other area. it goes to the reservoir I pull vacuum into.

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  9:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a great workshop!

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  11:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent workshop you have. I would say there is a few jealous modelers on this forum.

Owen Pass Lumber Company
HO Logging Layout in a Shed.
https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  10:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work Ty.

Frank

Page: of 36 Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000