Railroad Line Forums - Large scale Indoor layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 233 ]  [ Total: 237 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Large scale Indoor layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0
Page: of 36

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  07:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the boiler. Great work.

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  7:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wes..

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/22/2014 :  8:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sorry double post

Edited by - fockewulf37 on 09/22/2014 8:01:12 PM

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2014 :  7:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here.. hope you will make a video that shows the flickering. Love that kind of effect.

Arthur

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  12:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow Its hard to believe its been 5 months since may last post on my indoor layout. I have been really busy making things for other people and just family stuff.
One problem that I have run into with this large scale is that all my tools( saws,drill press and everything else)Has been scattered about the shop in small places. I would hate to show you a picture of the clutter that I have because of being so spread out. I Also have no way to keep the dust out of the layout..
So to fix this problem. I am going to expand the basement. I have a covered porch that was built with the house and it is over a window into my shop. I have finally decided to close in underneath the porch. It is 9 ft off the ground which will allow me to close it in and roof the section. The Porch is 14x14' and there is a concrete pad under it that is 14'x13'.
This will allow me to move all cutting equipment into one room technically moving it out of the house. I will be able to control the dust much better.
I will move all of my vacuum forming equipment and to this room also.( I have had 3 small fires in the basement over the past 5 years. (me being stupid)

The bonus this will open up about 400sq' more for future layout construction..

ty

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  7:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with your project'....It's great that you'll have some extra space. A train man never has enough room for their needs'...

Ted

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  8:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a man with a plan!

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  01:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is still some space left behind that stud wall there. Cant let that go to waste now.....

Owen Pass Lumber Company
HO Logging Layout in a Shed.
https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 04/14/2015 :  07:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
400 extra SF, you lucky _____.

Frank

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  8:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys a little build update. Here are some pic's I have it mostly framed out. Trying to make the roof as high as possible. At the peak it get down to about 4". This leaves me about 12 inches high to squeeze into roof it. I tried to install a whole 4x8 sheet of OSB it was just too tight. I did not realize I was claustrophobic. I then decided just to sheet 2' at a time which is easier. I am installing tar paper as I go so i have been able to work it out...I will eventually install metal roofing.

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  10:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice start on the "Shop " area....
I hope you install some kind of dust
handling equipment....Good job!

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  11:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I need to do an inspection tour of the new shop.

usaf_andy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  12:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit usaf_andy's Homepage  Send usaf_andy an AOL message  Send usaf_andy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Let me know if you need a wing man for that Larry, I will be on day shift soon, and will be able to come out and play! lol

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  10:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was wondering how you were going to take care of the "wet" problem.

Frank

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  12:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the new shop.

Page: of 36 Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000