Railroad Line Forums - Large scale Indoor layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 164 ]  [ Total: 164 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Large scale Indoor layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0
Page: of 36

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  11:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ty, Nice little freight building.

I missed your post for a while. Back to your planking the wrong side of a wall, yes I did it too. In my case itís old age setting in.

You are the mold master, great idea. I hate making the stringers, a hair off and they look crooked.

Frank

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  11:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hokie and Frank,
I have been a little slow with recent updates
. Hope to get back to it this week.
The resin deck parts do make it easy to make a lot
Of decking qquickly. I still need to get better at coloring things. I think my browns are a little dark. wish I had someone close to me that is good at staining wood. I have read a lot but maybe I am just to impatient.

Ty

Edited by - fockewulf37 on 02/04/2014 11:35:07 AM

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  6:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys its been nine days since my last post but I have been busy. I have been working on a new Cockpit for the latest ESM Warbird. This is how I pay for my Train Hobby.

Ty

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  6:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have been working more on the lighting for the layout. I have to get it all done before I really get into the ground work. Once I start putting things on the layout I won't have easy access to the area above for improvements.
I plan on having sound and lighting in all my buildings. So I figured I may as well set it up for night time running.
After doing some research online I found that other are using blue lights for the night time scenes. So I started with Blue string lights. It took 2 18' lights on each side of my valances.
This did Ok but just a little dark.
So I went back and added 6-25watt Blue bulbs over the major areas of the layout. This added a little better lighting over the buildigs. But they don't act as a spot light.

Here is a picture that I took with the lighting as I close as I see it in the room.

This is a picture taken with a night setting on my phone.

here is a picture of the lights only if you stoop down to see them.

I really like the lighting and it looks good when a train runs through it...

Ty

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  9:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ty, no wonder youíre so good at wiping out those molds, youíre a pro. Lightning, now thatís something you donít ever see on a MR. Do you have a YouTube of it in action?

Frank

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  9:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That first shot is really beautiful!

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  07:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys,
Frank I have made a lot of molds over the past few years. Always working on improving. It does make reproducing things simple.
I will work on making a video around the layout.
Ray the lighting looks better in person. You can see all the interior details really well. I now need to step up making my interiors look better..

Ty

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/16/2014 :  09:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well here is a video I made with the night time lights on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSM8uKQltsI

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/19/2014 :  5:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have done a little more work on the Depot.
Adding the roof over the Open Deck area. Also adding lighting.

Ty

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/20/2014 :  07:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is the addition in place.

Ty

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/20/2014 :  08:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The depot looks great.

The LED lights give it an interesting night time effect. Lower the camera angle next time and eliminate the overhead lighting in the shots. I think youíre going to have to have more light colors to make the night scenes show up. Since anything thatís dark seems to blend into the darkness.

Frank

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  05:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just went through the thread from start til now....
can honestly say I am impressed to say the least.
Expert craftsmanship & execution....It shows in your ability
as a model maker as well....

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  07:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frank,
The depot was a fun build but I still have a lot to learn. Now I need to add more detail.

Yeah I need to take that video at a better angle. I was in a rush when I took that. I am really tickled the way night time looks in person though.

The night time lighting was a lot easier to install now while I can still easily get up onto the layout.

Ty

Edited by - fockewulf37 on 02/26/2014 07:50:02 AM

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  2:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Geezer,
I have really enjoyed building my Modular layout and now working on this Indoor Layout. I have learned so much from all of you here on Railroad Line. I still have alot more to do and learn.

Ty

fockewulf37
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  3:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit fockewulf37's Homepage  Send fockewulf37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I took a day off last week to start working on the end of the layout that goes through my Hot water heater closet. As I started to work noticed the there was water all over the floor. To make a long story short. I have a new Hot water heater.
This threw me a week behind.

Page: of 36 Previous Topic: Dead River Lumber Co Topic Next Topic: Upgrading my Big Hauler 4-6-0  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000