Railroad Line Forums - Mike Chamber's Wit and Wisdom
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Mike Chamber's Wit and Wisdom
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Rookie takes on RDAs J&J Tool Topic Next Topic: o scale swsm oneills fabricating
Page: of 4

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  7:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hon3_rr

Mike did a lot of work on the Blue Sky diorama with me in the Sierra West Scale Models - Blue Sky thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22208&whichpage=1

Thread shows a lot of his thoughts on staining wood and approaches to modeling.

Thanks, Kris.

Don

teejay
Fireman

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  10:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Don , for the peek at past threads .......I can honestly say that Mike helped improve my own modeling as I'm sure he did many others on RRL . His assistance was there for the asking , as could be said for several other members at that time . But Mike was quick to put it all in perspective with his " It's not brain surgery , it's model railroading " quips . It was a fun time .

T

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2014 :  6:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just spent a couple of enjoyable hours going through Mike's old threads. I thought I'd bring this up to the top for the benefit of new members (or old members with fading memories - like me).

Don

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2014 :  11:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Don',
Thanks very much for putting this thread together. It's great to have so many of Mile's threads in on place.
He was certainly the "Man" on the forum. All the best' and thanks again for all your work on this..

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/26/2014 :  06:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Ted. Mike was a great craftsman, artist, teacher and friend. I hope people will continue to look at his work.

Happy holidays!

Don

Shady Pine
New Hire

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  11:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike was a huge part of why I joined the forum. I just wish I hadn't have been so much of a "lurker" and had at least told him what his posts meant. I remember when he seemed like he wanted a break, and he left a kind of sad post about how much time he'd spent here. I had a vague troubling feeling when I read that, and then.. the rest is history.
When I was thinking about getting back into the hobby it was the humor, goodwill and camaraderie I remembered from old clubs he reminded me of. It set the deal knowing there were still great modelers out here and I was missing the party!
To this day I often think of some amazing posts you guys have going on and wonder what Mike C. would have thought of this or that, and if he knew we'd still be thinking of his gifts years later.

I'll never forget him, and I'll never forget some of the great stuff I've seen here from ALL of you guys. It's nice to know he's still remembered now as we're getting on in time.
Oh! ..and that dang painting of him!

Edited by - Shady Pine on 03/24/2016 11:07:38 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2016 :  08:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was pleased to see this thread pop up today. I have been thinking of Mike as we approach the 6th anniversary of his passing.

For those newer members of the Forum who didn't know Mike, I thought that I would post this link to his obit.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sedaliademocrat/obituary.aspx?n=michael-chambers&pid=141516724

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 03/25/2016 :  4:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One can still feel his presence on this forum. Many great memories he left behind.

But he left us in good hands. He would be proud of you guys. This place still rocks

In memory of Mike Chambers

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2016 :  5:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice idea Bruce'..I mentioned this once before. When I was laid up after some serious surgeries, and could only do research on the web.
I stumbled across a structure built by 'Mike Chamber's', and a write up about his work'..That led me to the forum and the rest is history...He was indeed a true gentlemen'..I wish I had met him...

Tabooma County Rwy
Fireman

Posted - 03/26/2016 :  11:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marken

One can still feel his presence on this forum. Many great memories he left behind.

But he left us in good hands. He would be proud of you guys. This place still rocks

Very well said, Ken, I agree completely!

Al Carter

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/26/2016 :  12:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is hard to believe it has been 6 years. Every once in a while, I will go through old threads of mine, and I always re-read Mike's comments. I wish I had the opportunity to meet him.

Chuck

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2016 :  12:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you Chuck, when looking for modeling info...I run across tips from Mike, and I save them for future reference. One can never get enough from the finer Masters.
Rich

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2016 :  4:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike passed away before I was aware of this forum but all I have ever heard about him was good.

Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51837

jefbar
Section Hand

Posted - 03/28/2019 :  4:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a thread. Been captivated for a few hours now and so much to go. Knew a lot about his creative work and contributions, but didn't realize until today that he lived at the time in the same small town I ran a restaraunt in. Looking forward to reading more.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Rookie takes on RDAs J&J Tool Topic Next Topic: o scale swsm oneills fabricating  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000