Railroad Line Forums - Mike Chamber's Wit and Wisdom
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 101 ]  [ Total: 101 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Mike Chamber's Wit and Wisdom
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Rookie takes on RDAs J&J Tool Topic Next Topic: o scale swsm oneills fabricating
Page: of 4

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  10:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don, no you havn't got that one yet. The thread was not by Mike, but he has a lot of posts and some pics of his build.Try this. If not it was by HangemHarry.

Mark

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4168

W,L,&E

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  11:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again for your on-going efforts here and to everyone pitching in! Really looking forward to going back thru all those threads a little at a time to re-absorb and find anew ...

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  11:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BBLmber

Don, no you havn't got that one yet. The thread was not by Mike, but he has a lot of posts and some pics of his build.Try this. If not it was by HangemHarry.

Mark

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4168

Mark - thanks very much! All I've been able to do is look for threads that Mike started. I really need help from people like you to find other threads to which he contributed.

Again - thanks!

Don

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  1:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this Don! Great idea.

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  1:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Doan

Thanks for this Don! Great idea.

Thanks, Chuck.

djdutch
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  5:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit djdutch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought I didn't see this thread http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10400 about the build of the OVT&L Tool Caboose and how the rusty stumps car frame is born ;)

DJ

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  9:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by djdutch

I thought I didn't see this thread http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10400 about the build of the OVT&L Tool Caboose and how the rusty stumps car frame is born ;)

Thanks! Good catch - I'll edit it into the main list.

Don

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  9:22:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, everyone --

I have reached the end of the 285 pages. Threads started by Mike get pretty rare once you leave Craftsman's Corner. I have only 13 more threads to add - and I'm too cross-eyed to do it tonight. I'll edit them in tomorrow.

There's just no way I have time to hunt through all the threads Mike contributed to but didn't have his name on. But I think we got most of his best work. If anyone finds things they think should be included here, please post them and I'll do the necessary editing.

I'll finish up tomorrow. And then I can start reading all the threads that I somehow missed.

Don

djdutch
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  7:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit djdutch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe we can do this the same way with the threads from Kevin onl26 I like his threads about his swsm builds and this thread about painting castings

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33146

and I'm sure there are many more we can learn from

DJ

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2013 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, everyone --

With Walt Gillespie's help, I was able to contact Mike's daughter and tell her about this thread. She sent me back a wonderful, warm e-mail about how pleased she was and how she had been wondering how her father's Forum friends were doing. It really brightened my day!

Don

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  8:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just spent a couple of hours reading some of Mike's old threads - a very enjoyable way to spend time. I just thought I'd bring this up to the top to remind people that it's available.

Don

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  8:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've done some of those re-reads and enjoyed them too! Thanks for the bump & reminder ... and all of your effort to put this thread together ... LOTS of treasures there for new & old to enjoy.

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  09:06:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for putting in the effort to organize this thread.

Jeff S.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  10:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This thread is a treasure trove of knowledge, many thanks.

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  5:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike did a lot of work on the Blue Sky diorama with me in the Sierra West Scale Models - Blue Sky thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22208&whichpage=1

Thread shows a lot of his thoughts on staining wood and approaches to modeling.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Edited by - hon3_rr on 09/05/2013 5:34:21 PM

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Rookie takes on RDAs J&J Tool Topic Next Topic: o scale swsm oneills fabricating  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000