Railroad Line Forums - Tenement Row by Smallshaw
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 10 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 134 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Tenement Row by Smallshaw
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Clipper Workboat - Model Tech Studios Topic Next Topic: Tellynott corner module
Page: of 25

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  09:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Karl,I am so sorry to read about the problems you are experiencing with rheumatoid arthritis.
Oh! The joys of getting older.
Even with these difficulties you can still build a fantastic looking model!
This will be great to see you get back at the workbench again!

Greg Shinnie

terry hansley
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  10:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Karl

Great to see you back at the bench!

Boy----You sure know how to impress Rick

Sorry to hear of the Arthur-itis but it doesn't seem to have affected your style----looks wonderful.

Be careful going up and down the stairs.

Terry H

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  12:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Karl --

It's great to have one of your threads to read. It sucks that you can't make music with your kids!

I hope the health issues permit you to keep modeling and photographing your beautiful work.

Don

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  1:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think i can speak for everyone when i say that it's really great to see you back building again.

i too have a difficult time playing my guitar/mandolin due to arthritis. then you throw in a mix of multiple sclerosis and it gets even more difficult, and i'm one of the lucky ones!

if you don't know where you're going any road will get you there.

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  2:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great building Karl. It's an inspiring model to be sure.

Joe <><

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  3:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by terry hansley

Terry, Karl's models never fail to impress, but if you're talking about the camera, you're right there too.
Karl always has the latest, greatest toys to play with.

Karl, hate to hijack this thread, but since you brought it up , of the current Nikon DX bodies, which do you like best?

As you think, so will you be.

Karl Osolinski
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  7:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

quote:
Originally posted by terry hansley

Terry, Karl's models never fail to impress, but if you're talking about the camera, you're right there too.
Karl always has the latest, greatest toys to play with.

Karl, hate to hijack this thread, but since you brought it up , of the current Nikon DX bodies, which do you like best?

Hi Rick,

It's really hard to pick one camera or the other. I've been able to use most all the DX and FX cameras for years and I can't even recall most of the model numbers. But the D4 left a warm spot in my heart that won't go away! The thing is built like a tank and it would take a lot longer than I had it to even come close to what it's capable of. I mean putting these wonderful cameras on a tripod and shooting scale models isn't much of a challenge for the camera or the photographer...but it keeps me busy at least.

The D600 is a hefty beast when equipped with the 24-70/2.8 ED Nikkor. At my age, I don't think I'd like to haul around 3 bodies with constant aperture F2.8 lenses hanging off them...ouch. Check the weight on my kitchen scale - pushing 4.5 pounds.

Rick, they're all excellent and I enjoy the chance to play with them. I'll tell ya', the one I had some real fun with was the little P510 Coolpix with a 42x zoom. It was incredibly capable and I couldn't believe how small it was and the quality images it produced.

Thanks to the folks checking this thread out and the nice comments on my build. I'm gonna' keep at it as best I can.

Cheers,

Karl O.
Berkley, MI

Edited by - Karl Osolinski on 03/30/2013 7:49:05 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  11:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl thanks for the info on the camera.
Guess your right though it's the guy behind the lens that makes the picture.

Still your one of the guys that knows how to make them come to life.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PufferS
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  01:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,

I will be following your build very closely. I got a chance to see Earl's layout in person 13 years ago (my, how the time goes by). That visit still provides me with tons of inspiration. Not only that, Earl is a great host.

BTW, Nice camera.

Seth P.
Minnesota

MedCityBob
Section Hand

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  01:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to see the build...... Your work is something I always look forward to...... Best Wishes, MedCityBob

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  07:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Buddy:

Glad to see you back at it. I think I need to get some of this Monster brick stuff. It looks really great. The model also looks superb as usual. Talk to ya soon:

Karl S.

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  07:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Buddy:

It's me again with a PS:

Are the lentils and sills from Monster Models Or scratch from wood?

Karl S.

northern6400
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  08:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl what you are doing on the brick work is fantastic. The weathering on the front of the building is well done. Your modeling skills have not suffered because of your arthritis.

Chuck Faist
Burlington, Ontario
Enjoy yourself it is later than you think!

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  1:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful start Karl. After the last built that you posted here, I ordered the Monster Model Works brick. I followed your painting techniques and the results were outstanding. I love this product too. Thanks fro bringing it to our attention.

Looking forward to watching your current project.

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  2:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Head

I followed your painting techniques and the results were outstanding. I love this product too. Thanks fro bringing it to our attention.

Danny,
I second that! I found that these brick walls, (thanks to Karl O.), are the finest brick. Even if you aren't an experienced modeler, you will have no problems coloring them. They are definately outstanding, by far!
Nice start so far, Karl. Can't wait for your next installment.
Rich

Rich

Page: of 25 Previous Topic: The Clipper Workboat - Model Tech Studios Topic Next Topic: Tellynott corner module  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000