Railroad Line Forums - Tenement Row by Smallshaw
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: Walter ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Tenement Row by Smallshaw
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: o scale swsm oneills fabricating Topic Next Topic: Kitbashed Yorke kit- Critter Engine House in HO
Page: of 19

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  2:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Karl, Great to have you back modeling and feeling better. I love you brother and I cherish looking at your superb workmanship.
ed keen

terry hansley
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  7:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Karl

OMG
How did I miss this?
I am so glad to see you back.
When a major focus in your life for 60 years
is disrupted the way yours was it is so good to
see you overcome.
Welcome back!

Terry H

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  9:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's great to see your work again, your photography skills are just as great as your modeling. Thanks for sharing.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  11:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I heard a rumor that you are back, Karl. Glad to see it is true. Very nice work!

Chuck

John B.
New Hire

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  9:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl! My words cannot express how happy I am that you are back in the basement! The master has returned, with new and wonderful creations!! Welcome back my friend. John

mikethetrainman
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2017 :  04:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl add me to the list of folks glad to see you have returned to the workbench. Beautiful work as usual.

Mike Mace
Northern Division of the Santa Fe

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2017 :  04:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow that is quite the camera work. Your camera slikks only adds to your fine skilled work, very very nice quality.

burnsrusf
New Hire

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  12:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to see a photo or photos of the back side of the building with the tatoo sign in front (and if possible, the back of its neighboring building). I'm requesting this for an entirely selfish reason--I'm pretty much copying (I wish--I should say trying to copy) your building, and I cannot see the back detail very well from the existing pictures.

I would not normally make such a request but your work is brilliant; I'm sure everyone would like to see more of whatever you do.

Merry Christmas season to you and your family and to all in this forum.

Bob

Karl Osolinski
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  10:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burnsrusf

Karl,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to see a photo or photos of the back side of the building with the tatoo sign in front (and if possible, the back of its neighboring building). I'm requesting this for an entirely selfish reason--I'm pretty much copying (I wish--I should say trying to copy) your building, and I cannot see the back detail very well from the existing pictures.

I would not normally make such a request but your work is brilliant; I'm sure everyone would like to see more of whatever you do.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Your timing is right on! I'm setting up to take photos of my progress on the tenements tomorrow.

I've been able to work on the project pretty steady in the last couple of weeks and have nearly finished the five scratch-built buildings.

I'll be sure to take some photos of the backsides of the two structures for you.

Happy Holidays!!

Karl O.
Berkley, MI

Karl O.
Berkley, MI

Karl Osolinski
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  12:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burnsrusf

Karl,

Bob

Hi Bob,

The photo stage was all set up and the two buildings were just sitting there so I just shot these. Hope they help...

Karl O.
Berkley, Mi

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  08:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well worth the wait I hope there's some more.

Your coloring is just outstanding everything just blends together like in real life.

So good to have you back.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 12/07/2017 08:23:11 AM

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  11:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtbob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You do such GREAT work.

Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102&whichpage=1
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38921
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45371
http://www.freewebs.com/santmod/

burnsrusf
New Hire

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  7:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,

Perfect--thanks for the help but especially the inspiration!

Cheers,

Bob

Karl Osolinski
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  11:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello folks,

Well, I've nearly finished the five scratch built structures for my project but decided I needed something else to fill in some space. I have a few Downtown Deco kits that survived the flood so I grabbed the Adams Avenue #1 kit and built it. It's really a very nice model and I think it should fit right into the run-down urban look I'm after. It took about a week to build and paint it...here are some photos of my version of the kit...

I've also been working on shooting the photos for my locomotive portrait catalog and this particular engine, a big, husky Great Northern Pacific H-7 really caught my eye... tall drivers, six wheel Vanderbilt tender and boiler detail and piping galore.

According to the Glaab book this was the only brass H-7 ever made. Imported by Westside Models, and built by Samhongsa (Korea)in 1977.

For being 40 years old I think it still holds its age well. The backhead detail is not as nice as later Samhongsa models but it does a nice job of covering the can motor in front of it. This photo was taken with a 24mm tilt-shift lens with 3 degrees of tilt.

I am having a hard time identifying one engine. There is no box for this model and it's not pictured in the Glaab book. It's a PFM 2-truck Shay made by United (Japan). The ditcher is an Overland model but if someone might recognize the Shay it would help me out. Thanks.

Again, I want to thank all the nice folks who have given me such a warm welcome back. Thank you!

Happy Holidays to all,

Karl O.
Berkley, MI

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  12:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just ran out of words for the Deco building. Coloring and weathering will fit in with the rest of the diorama.

There some really nice engines and ditcher. And the photo shoot is pretty awesome to.

Happy Holidays to you and your family Karl.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 12/09/2017 11:51:02 AM

Page: of 19 Previous Topic: o scale swsm oneills fabricating Topic Next Topic: Kitbashed Yorke kit- Critter Engine House in HO  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000