Railroad Line Forums - Help finding stripwood
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: RLJones ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Help finding stripwood
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sierra West Crank Shaper built thread Topic Next Topic: The Par Four Challenge - Jan2013  

railroaded
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  09:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gentlemen:
I am getting ready to build a sawmill. I have the H.O. sawmill machinery set put out by brett at sierra west. The only problem I,m having is I can't find the 12x16, the 16x16, and the 22x26 scale wood called for in the materials list. I have checked the usual lumber suppliers websites(kappler, mt albert and northeastern) Is this size custom to brett? I have emailed him, and posted on his forum but have not gotten a reply yet. Any suggestions?
thanks
ed

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  09:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ed, it's been a while since this was discussed here, but I seem to remember that if you call Mt. Albert they have a package available of all the wood you need for the SierraWest no-frills kits.

R.BOUDREAUX
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  10:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, Ed,

Sierra West has a Forum now.

http://www.sierrawestscalemodels.com/vanforum/

I did not know that. Maybe you can find some info on stripwood on it.

Good luck ,

Rich

joakleaf
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  10:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ed,
Black Bear has the 12x12 and 12x16 - see link
http://www.blackbearcc.com/ho_wood.htm

Not sure about the larger size.

I have used their wood for trestles.

Jim

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  12:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed and I spoke on the phone so I believe he is set... for reference North Eastern has a pack for the sawmill kit where a few of the odder sizes have close substitutions. Mt Albert will have the exact dimensions. Since we are talking HO Scale the subs are within a few thousands of inch and work just fine.

Brett

Joe Rutter
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  8:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joe Rutter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ed:

If you contact Rick Hunter at www.hunterline.com he will be able to help you out. Rick sells Mt. Albert wood as a distributor. You can contact Gerry at Mt. Albert but he deals in bulk orders (100 pieces per size) Rick takes care of your order ... he sells a great line of stains too!

Joe

railmus
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  10:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit railmus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are lucky to have Rick of Hunterline in our area.
He regularly gives clinics and construction sessions through our WOD NMRA.

I have known him for a long time. He and wife Maureen are great people!

closetguy
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  08:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit closetguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Walthers?? No one buys from Walthers? How about a local RC model shop. They are stocked with strip wood. I bought all my strip wood from Walthers a few years back when I used Bretts sawmill machinery kits and built a mill.
Mike M

Previous Topic: Sierra West Crank Shaper built thread Topic Next Topic: The Par Four Challenge - Jan2013  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000