Railroad Line Forums - Spruce Coal & Timber Layout - The New Saga
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 154 ]  [ Total: 156 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Spruce Coal & Timber Layout - The New Saga
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Port Anne Western RR Topic Next Topic: From  the Clearwater Valley Railway Co Car Shops
Page: of 40

on2rails
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  10:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit on2rails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dallas, the main building is 4x10 not counting the side rail dock and about 7-1/2 tall at the peak. The smaller building is about 5x8. Have to keep things skinny towards the back of the layout.

Edited by - on2rails on 04/20/2013 08:47:18 AM

peterg13
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/20/2013 :  06:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit peterg13's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great stuff.

Cheers,

Peter G

on2rails
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  11:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit on2rails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Photo update 4-23-13

I have the latest structures on the module and started cutting it in with scenery. Still working clockwise. Some details are not added while I work on the scene (switch stands and some ground items). I hope to finish up this backdrop scene and move towards the front of the module soon.

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  12:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks great! Really like the "tight scene" in the second photo ... AND ... the incredible depth of the scene in the third photo. Also, the overall finishes, peeling paint and such on the structure look really good ...

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  05:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The third picture is probably my favorite too, but you have a great sense for shooting your models, and all the photos are very good and full of interest.

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  07:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking model Joey....I think it
would be suitable for foreground viewing as well.
Great photography too!!!

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  07:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you using natural soil or grout for the ground cover and roads?

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  08:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The structure has a great look even though it is narrow.

Mark

W,L,&E

on2rails
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  09:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit on2rails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks folks -

Jeff, yes various colors of sifted yard dirt for ground cover and a mix of that with concrete dust for the roads and some areas of ballast.

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  10:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great looking scene Joey. The wide tie spacing on the siding is a neat detail that I don't see very often.

David Meek

on2rails
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  10:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit on2rails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello again folks -

This week I have been working on a structure and at first I had no idea what I was going to do until I just started building it to fit. It's a small spur between the logging branch and main line with very little space to work with. I thought long and hard about what I could fit in the space that would be a real business in the area I am modeling and I came up with Apples! I don't see how I didn't think of it sooner.

The working theme is that the apples are brought in during the day by truck from the nearby orchard and sorted into shipping crates during the night shift. The crates are then shipped by rail when the local comes through. Yes, that is how it is done on this layout.

The structure is not done as I have to add a few important details, but here is it sitting where it will end up. Have a great weekend!

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 04/27/2013 :  6:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joey, You keep putting buildings in the back that I would be glad to put in the front. Your layout looks wonderful.

Roland

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 04/27/2013 :  6:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to add my compliments. So nicely executed, pleasant looking scene. Good modeling and photography.

It's only make-believe

NVNGRR
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2013 :  11:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit NVNGRR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice. I like the way the trees around the buildings have added depth to your scene. I wish I could get my static grass to stand up as well as yours does.

Kevin Miller
Winlock, WA

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2013 :  12:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most excellent!

Page: of 40 Previous Topic: The Port Anne Western RR Topic Next Topic: From  the Clearwater Valley Railway Co Car Shops  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.51 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000