Railroad Line Forums - Introducing myself
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 221 ]  [ Newest Member: Junny ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 Introducing myself
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sunday Morning New Members!! Topic Next Topic: posting photos using FireFox/Mozilla  

Basementdweller
New Hire

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  2:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I am a new member here and just want to introduce myself. I too have moved over from the Atlas forum, I see lots of others have moved here too.
I am 43 and live in central Ohio, I have been modeling HO for about the last 10 or 11 years. As a kid in the UK we grew up with an OO 4'x8' layout that that was all Hornby / triang, that old layout survived for many years. I got back into model trains when my son was old enough.

I try to model the final years of the Pennsy in the late 1960's. No Penn Central though.
My goal is to have a layout that is believable.

Looking forward to getting to know others here and participating in this forum, don't worry I am not one who is concerned about new model releases and nick picking them.

Edited by - Basementdweller on 04/28/2012 2:45:28 PM

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  4:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Martin, I too started out in another forum here; http://www.amrline.com/ and from the time I moved over to this forum, I never went anywhere else. If it's happy modeling and friendship you seak, this is the place to be. So welcome to the RR-Line forum and I look forward to your posts and chat.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

upcsx
New Hire

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  4:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am from Atlas also and building a new layout,i model modern and like all Railroads so hope i can get help here.

Russell

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  4:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin & Russell,

Welcome to the Forum.

One of the things that members do is to create a single thread that documents their layout construction. It can be placed in the Layout Contstruction Forum: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=13

Or, it can go into the Large Scale (O & larger), Mid-Scale (S & HO), or Small Scale (N & Z) forums. Some members include everything in that one thread: benchwork, scenery, structure construction, etc. Others use it for benchwork, trackwork, electrical and Scenery, but do different threads for structures,etc. It is totally up to you.

Bruce

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  4:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by upcsx

I am from Atlas also and building a new layout,i model modern and like all Railroads so hope i can get help here.

Well Russell, I'm mostly steam and rail type critters, but here to help as well as many others on this forum. So enjoy your stay and ask away, someone will help out. Either from the RR-Line members or our new friends, like yourself, from Atlas.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

upcsx
New Hire

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  5:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks,to all.

Russell

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  7:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From one PRR modeler to another, welcome aboard!!!

Mark

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  8:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Martin and Russell, I model freelance On30, glad you're here!
Steve

el3637
New Hire

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  02:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman
One of the things that members do is to create a single thread that documents their layout construction.

I'd have to start that thread on my basement reconstruction. I moved into this dream house 8.5 years ago... made my first moves on the basement 6 years ago. 6 years, getting two old cars, getting married, 2 dogs, and 4 hospital stays later... I have phase 1 framed, doors in place, wiring in place, drywall is next... realistically this will take all summer and MAYBE layout construction can begin before the end of the world on 12/21/2012. If the world does end then, oh well - I still had fun.

Andy

brakie
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  11:02:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin,Welcome! Glad to have you here..

scott
Fireman

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  12:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum Martin & Russell. I model the 1890's in HO and soon as I can get my house and basement put back together I'll start it. Martin it's always good to see another Ohio Boy on the Forum !

Scott, from the wilds of Carroll County, Ohio

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  12:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Martin.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Basementdweller
New Hire

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  5:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone.

Pops
New Hire

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  6:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pops's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Martin, from another Atlas-ite.

Previous Topic: Sunday Morning New Members!! Topic Next Topic: posting photos using FireFox/Mozilla  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000