Railroad Line Forums - Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 174 ]  [ Total: 176 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Curved Turnouts Topic Next Topic: On30 on code 75 track
Page: of 40

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/19/2020 :  08:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great, Chuck.

Bruce

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2020 :  09:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful model, Chuck. You did an excellent job painting and decaling. Itís a top grade model in every way.

Mike

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2020 :  09:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Bruce and Mike!

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  7:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys, I have not been on the forum for a month. September started out pretty rough. I lost my Mom. I've managed to get through that pain and come to peace knowing she is at peace and with my Dad, who she missed for over 8 years, every single day.

I've also had distractions as a result working to start handling her estate.

But, when I could, I resumed working on my latest project and finished the next car for the NMRA Achievement Program. This is the Lehigh Valley "Wrong Way" boxcar, named because the door opens to the left instead of the normal right. This car had a Duryea underframe and a steel end. Everything was scratchbuilt except for the brake fixtures, trucks, door hardware, and couplers. Lots of rivet decals!!! I also created the artwork for the road decals, except for the black diamond.

I have one more car I need to build for evaluation purposes....assuming the first three make merit. But it won't be a complete scratchbuild. I am starting from a kit and will scratchbuild some elements of it.

Chuck

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  08:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think I've seen the retainer line before, I know I've never done that when I've done brake rigging. And the clevises on the levers is another good touch.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  08:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice!

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  09:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent work, Chuck! It looks like a lot of work, very skillfully done. I expect it will score high, but Iíll let someone else be the judge, literally!!

How can you go wrong with a Lehigh Valley prototype?

Iím saddened hear of your loss.

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 10/01/2020 09:07:51 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  09:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck, my condolences to you and your family.

That's a beautiful car.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  09:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sorry to hear about your mom, Chuck.

That car looks great. Did you happen to see this morning's lounge? Jim mentioned how his Division is handling evaluations.

Bruce

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  09:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck, so sorry about your mom. That is a hard thing to recover from if you ever can. I miss mom and dad all the time. The car looks great and that undercarriage is awesome.

TomO

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  09:54:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

That car looks great. Did you happen to see this morning's lounge? Jim mentioned how his Division is handling evaluations.

I did. But, I have a question about it. You still need to see the models in person. You can't evaluate motive power, cars, or structures virtually.

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  10:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

I did. But, I have a question about it. You still need to see the models in person. You can't evaluate motive power, cars, or structures virtually.

Chuck

Chuck I think that one person at a time goes to evaluate the model in person instead of all two or three gathering around the model at the same time. Until the weather gets too cold, you could do it on your deck.

Bruce

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  10:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for your loss Chuck.

Your rolling stock is always top-notch...

Edited by - Carl B on 10/01/2020 10:42:03 AM

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  12:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck,

My condolences to you and yours. May your Mom rest in peace, and may you and yours know peace as well.

As to the LV car, I suspect I see a Merit Award in the making there, even from here. You can have a couple of evaluators come over, socially distance as necessary, do the eval on your deck, and have each evaluator, properly masked, look over the car. They can then compare notes, ask whatever questions come up, make their decisions and fill in their portions of the paperwork. Any post-event festivities are to be conducted in a socially proper manner....

Do be sure to have some photos to back up the left door thing! That's the sort of stuff I love..." Oh, this is all wrong, because Everybody knows that... " "Really? Well... read this and weep." <cue sound of large balloon bursting>

Best wishes, and please do let us know how things go!

Stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Ensign
Engineer

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  12:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck, first let me offer my condolences to you & your family, regarding the loss of your mother.
Your Lehigh Valley "Wrong Way" boxcar is as beautifully modelled as one could ever get!
You are indeed a master modeler!

Greg Shinnie

Page: of 40 Previous Topic: Curved Turnouts Topic Next Topic: On30 on code 75 track  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000