Railroad Line Forums - Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 176 ]  [ Total: 178 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Curved Turnouts Topic Next Topic: On30 on code 75 track
Page: of 40

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 09/03/2018 :  11:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
George,

It is a Works-in-Progress clinic on Thursday from 2-3:30 PM. There are four Works-in-Progress clinics listed at the beginning of the descriptions followed by the classroom clinics.

Chuck

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 09/03/2018 :  6:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see it, Chuck.

George

Fly Army

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 09/17/2018 :  08:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had a very successful NMRA Northeastern Region convention, last week. 185 model railroaders came to the convention. The Wyoming Valley was open for the first time, last Friday. And, about 10% of the attendees came to the open house. This was my first open house and everyone that came was very gracious.

I set up my iPhone with an app called "Lapse It" that took a photo every 20 minutes and put it into a video. I did a little editing of it on the front and back ends. But, if you would like to watch it, here is the link:
https://youtu.be/E7i6ouacf6o

Chuck

Ensign
Engineer

Posted - 09/17/2018 :  10:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck, looks like you had a very successful tour day.
Thanks for sharing the time lapse video with us.

Greg Shinnie

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  2:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been away. A couple reasons. After all the work that went into hosting the NMRA NER convention, I was burned out. I still am. Not only did I work hard on the convention with the great team we had, but I also worked hard on the layout to prepare it for its debut open house. The combination really left my tank empty.

Another reason is I got more involved with the NMRA Northeastern Region. Because of the work I did in promoting the convention, I was asked to join the NER's new marketing team. And, I have been busy with that. There is something to be said for asking an accountant to be on a marketing team. Kind of like a fox in the hen house. They usually do not go together. But, I am having fun and I left my calculator at the door.

And, Marcia and I have done a little traveling. We were in Seattle for a week and San Francisco for another week.

I have worked on a few layout projects. Not a lot. One of the things I was doing is replacing cracked gears on a few locomotives, adding LEDs for lights, and lubricating them. I still have a few to do.

And, continuing on my trend of building non-revenue cars, Bachmann came out with a new scale test car, around the time of the convention. I ordered one and painted it for the WVRR, nicknaming it "Tiny".

A surprise from the convention was meeting someone at the end of my clinic on weighing cars like the prototype, which included a discussion on scale test cars. She told me her Dad passed away a couple years ago, and she has been working on selling his model railroad collection. In the collection was a scale test car by Stewart Products. She asked if I wanted it. And, after I said yes, she shipped it to me. I assembled and painted it, calling it "L'il Joe" after her Dad.

Currently, I am working on some hose houses for the coal mine. They are made from styrene. And, I used a combination of designs, one from George on this forum as well as plans I found on-line. This is what they looked like a couple days ago. Since then, I have painted them and added decals. I still have to add shingles, paint the footers, and weather them a little. The truck is in the photo for a size comparison.

Chuck

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  2:34:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck good to see you alive and well!

I see your enjoying retirement with your traveling!

And congrats on the move up to the marketing group!

Nice work on the cars and the little houses.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  2:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck no need to feel sorry about not posting. The burn out makes complete sense. I am glad to see travel in the retirement years. Too often people get so relaxed in retirement they forget to enjoy themselves. Terry and I love to travel, my issues are a couple of my meds prevent flying. Driving is fine but weather in the winter becomes an issue there. Welcome back and enjoy marketing!

TomO

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  4:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Home, Chuck!

You've been Busy, but in all of the Right Kinds of ways! Bravo!

Get some sleep!

Pete
in Michigan

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  5:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the burn out was temporary. Glad you're enjoying it all again as your tank refills.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  7:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Small things on a layout can make a big difference. And having multiples looks more like the prototype.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  8:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to see you back, Chuck. That was a great convention you put together.

George

Fly Army

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/03/2019 :  8:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Glad to see you back, Chuck. That was a great convention you put together.

George

It was a big team effort, George. A perfect storm of having all the right people in the right place, managing the parts of the convention they are really good at. I'm glad you enjoyed it! But, next time, visit the WVRR!

Chuck

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  06:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see the WVRR. Next time, I'll do a better job of managing my time.

George

Fly Army

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  07:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you are back Chuck. I understand about burn out which is why although I'm a NMRA member I don't get involved in any of the activities.

Ensign
Engineer

Posted - 04/04/2019 :  08:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck, nice to see your very fine work being shown to us once again.
My father always said that he found himself more busy in retirement, than when he was working for a living.

Greg Shinnie

Page: of 40 Previous Topic: Curved Turnouts Topic Next Topic: On30 on code 75 track  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000