Railroad Line Forums - Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 207 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Chuck Diljak's Wyoming Valley Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Curved Turnouts Topic Next Topic: On30 on code 75 track
Page: of 40

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2016 :  5:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes it is, Jerry. And Tichy castings.

Chuck

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  01:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fine assembly, Chuck. It's never too easy to put things together at a slight angle as in this front window.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  08:35:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That window assembly looks great, Chuck.

Bruce

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 02/07/2016 :  2:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More progress to report on the scale house. I built the remaining three walls. I still have to add gables, ceiling, and floor. After I get those parts built, it will be a turn in the paint booth followed by working on the lighting. I also have to build the scale and paint a figure for it.

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2016 :  3:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a neat looking little structure, chuck. What type of roofing do you envision?

Bruce

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 02/07/2016 :  4:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce,

I am planning to use 3-tab shingles from Rusty Stumps. Of course, I have to buy some.

Chuck

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2016 :  11:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great little structure Chuck. Nice job.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BandO Boy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  12:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit BandO Boy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As always Chuck, you can make any project special... no matter how modest... looking very good... anxious to see the finished product... in fact, maybe you should get it posted to the GSD website!

Best regards -
Jim Fawcett
Scotch Plains, NJ

http://oldmainline.blogspot.com

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  8:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice!

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  5:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems like I've been talking about building the weigh beam for my scale house for a long time. I had to draw it, first, so I could plan what I would use to build it. I had to make a few adjustments to the drawing, since the styrene pieces I planned to use didn't look right proportionally. I am pretty pleased with the final result.

First off is a photo of a prototype weigh beam that was located in Paducah, KY. I like this shot since it is straight on and nothing in shadow. I had a good sense of what the overall dimensions of the weigh beam were, but no the individual pieces. I used this photo as the underlay for my drawing.

Below is my model. In addition to the weigh beam, I also built a signal bell, which is shown to the right of the penny.

Now, I have to figure out what color to paint it. If I paint it too dark, you won't see the details. But, from what I've seen, most of them are dark in color. But, I will keep looking around in my research.

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  6:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent detail, Chuck!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  8:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very well done, Chuck. You have younger eyes than me.

George

Fly Army

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  11:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A lot of machine tools were either light gray or pale institutional green, so you could claim a B&B laborer borrowed a can of paint from the machine shop at the nearest enginehouse...

James

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  12:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck that a great job.

I would think about the light green or gray also. No need to hide all that detail,

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  08:13:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love it and would vote for light green too. It's really a standard machine color.

Page: of 40 Previous Topic: Curved Turnouts Topic Next Topic: On30 on code 75 track  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000