Railroad Line Forums - Rich White Models - O Scale Hydrocal Kits??
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 61 ]  [ Total: 66 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Rich White Models - O Scale Hydrocal Kits??
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Revelia Cannery Topic Next Topic: Rich White Models
Page: of 2

jknapp
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  3:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jknapp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi....

Has anybody out there ever built a Rich White Model (http://www.richwhitemodels.com/)? For people out there who haven't heard of them they are O scale hydrocal kits that look very nice.

I had purchased the 3 Brothers Chinese Store a couple years ago but have yet to build it. Here's his production photo of the kit:

Anyway, if anyone has built one of his models, I'd love to hear what you think of the kit(s) and if you have pictures to share of your model or models, please post 'em!!

As a side note, I have nothing to do with this kit manufacturer. Like I said, I was just curious to see if anyone has built them or has opinions on them, etc.

Thanks for any response!!

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  4:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How did I miss his website? All O scale hydrocal kits. A couple of brick ones interest me for my Northeastern theme RR.
Too bad he won't use PayPal; I bet he looses sales because of that.

belg
Fireman

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  5:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, this is also the first timeI have heard of this company. I read that he will also sell individual wall sections for people to kitbash. This is a nice option. I like the look of all his kits but I think you have bought my favorite, how do the instructions look, don't think there can be to much to assembly but does he go into detail for finishing?? Pat

jknapp
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  09:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit jknapp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Pat....the instructions are fine. They are somewhat simple builds but it's the "finishing" that really makes the model. And, yes, his instructions do go into detail on the painting/staining methods he used on his model.

Edited by - jknapp on 12/13/2011 09:00:54 AM

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  10:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like his kit's just havent bought one yet...just have to much building kits sitting on the shelf for me to buy anymore. As far as Not Takeing PAY-PAL This wouldn't stop me from buying.

wslco
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  12:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do know that if Rich White ists a model for sale, it is available. Unlike another maker of O Scale hydrocal models.

jcoop
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  12:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He came to my annual "Barn Meet" with some of his kits and they are OUTSTANDING, I have one, but have not put it together yet.

John

Sitting along side the orignal Central Pacific Rail Road.

Home of The Great On30 Barn Meet, that will be held May 16th 2015

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  10:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the Oddfellow's hall at Rich White models. I helped to start a museum in my town's G.A.R. (Grand Army of the Republic) hall. It is built of hand split stone on the front facade. We have the receipts from the original building expenses in 1903, including a letter telling the brick mason that he was fired for drinking on the job. He was hired back a few days later after he took the pledge not to drink.One of my favorite canceled checks was for $3.00 to the "Scofield Boys" for "meet". The Scofield Bros ran the local butcher shop.

belg
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  06:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jknapp

Hi Pat....the instructions are fine. They are somewhat simple builds but it's the "finishing" that really makes the model. And, yes, his instructions do go into detail on the painting/staining methods he used on his model.

Thanks John, look forward to your build. Pat

swissrails
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  11:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This looks like a great kit, will enjoy the build for sure.

Peter (swissrails)

http://www.randomrailroad.blogspot.com

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  1:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many of the buildings look like old Tom Yorke kits.

Bill Uffelman
Las Vegas NV

morganhillmodels
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  6:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit morganhillmodels's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I emailed Rich on the 11th after I saw this post I have not received any reply. Concerned when I saw new for 2009! on the site. Anyone spoken with him recently? Is he still selling kits?

jknapp
Fireman

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  09:04:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit jknapp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jon....yes, he is still selling his kits. I e-mailed him and he did respond. That was about two weeks ago. I have a feeling he may be out of town because he knows I'm ordering another new kit and he hasn't responded to my most recent e-mail that I sent the other day. In any event, don't be concerned about ordering. He's in business and I'm sure he'll get back to you.

OregonOn30
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  12:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I consider Rich a friend and highly recommend his kits. They all come with good instructions and a color photo for reference and are easy to build. They are also within the general modelers affordable price range. Rich is one of the "good guys" in the hobby, a real "craftsman", and if something is amiss, he will fix it. I built my first kit (The Enginehouse photo below/without water tank) as a home for my Porter on my B&W shelf module. Great kits!

Rick L

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  1:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Affordable Price range...... Yes!!! i was surprised at his kit prices when i first found out about them so many more O scale kit manufactures SHOULD follow this practice. The way some of these O scale kit's are priced....i guess they think all there buyer's are RICH

morganhillmodels
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  7:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit morganhillmodels's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear! I will have to be sure to look for him at some of the local meets out this way in CA.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Revelia Cannery Topic Next Topic: Rich White Models  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000