Railroad Line Forums - The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 233 ]  [ Total: 236 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Building the Pennsylvania & New York Rail Road Topic Next Topic: My 1878 Utah Territory projects
Page: of 95

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 11/24/2019 :  10:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, you are indeed a master when it comes to bringing these colourful looking steam engines to life.
Excellent work on this newest one!

Greg Shinnie

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 11/24/2019 :  5:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Russ, Mike and Greg for the kind words! Not enough time this weekend to test it yet. I hope to test it in the week.

Thanks Andre, its a brass Ebay find. I could not find any marks on it and after examining it I think it is a one off scratchbuilt job. Except for drivetrain and the drivers. It looks like a cross between a Brooks and a Baldwin mogul.

Håkan

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  1:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know how I missed the finished shot. The engine really looks good. About what ratio of metalizer paint did you use?

Bob

It's only make-believe

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  3:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, Looks really good. Hope the test runing goes well. Sorry to hear your Alps printer isn't doing so well. Any possible replacement ideas on the horizon?
( I have a friend working on an American Civil War era layout and at some point he will be looking at getting his locomotives painted and decalled.)

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  5:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It looks very good. Good luck with the operational test.

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2019 :  3:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Guys! And very sorry for the late answer! To much RL at the moment and too little time to sit at the computer

Bob, I mix about 3:1 with Gunmetal against Stainless steel.

The test drive after painting went well. I'll soon post a video of it chugging along.

I also take the opportunity to wish everyone on the forum a Merry Christmas and I hope everyone get lots of modeling time from their loved ones

Håkan

Willow Creek And Western
New Hire

Posted - 02/06/2020 :  8:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any updates on the railroad?

-Jaeden

Willow Creek And Western
New Hire

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  1:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice looking loco!! Did the headlight bracket come with? on page 19 and 20

Jaeden

Edited by - Willow Creek And Western on 02/07/2020 1:55:03 PM

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  5:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jaeden, I have not worked much on the layout at the moment. The only thing I’m working on is sound effects based on sounds from Fantasonic.
I’ll place them at four locations, a sawmill, a stream, a town and last at my unbuilt harbour. The sound is great and I have placed it in cheap Mp3 players together with small 3w speakers that will be placed at the site. The sound will simply go on when the power is turned on.

The headlight bracket didn’t come with kit. Its from Precision Scale Co.

Håkan

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  08:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan:

Good to see you posting, even if infrequently!

In the future would you consider some pics and possibly the names of the MP3 players you used/etc? I had hoped to have a few sounds about the layout at reduced volumes, perhaps your methods would be what I could use, too.

Andre

Willow Creek And Western
New Hire

Posted - 02/17/2020 :  1:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello Håkan, by any chance do you know the part number for the headlight/bracket that you used on that 4-4-0 that I asked about?

Jaeden

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 02/22/2020 :  03:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Andre, sorry its way to infrequently. The MP3 players I bought on Wish. They cost about $3 a piece. Here is a link:
https://www.precisionscaleco.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/HO-Steam-WOP.pdf

Jaeden the bracket was 31307 and the headlight 31633. See page 80 in PSC catalog:
https://www.precisionscaleco.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/HO-Steam-WOP.pdf

Håkan

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2020 :  11:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bump!

It's only make-believe

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 08/30/2020 :  2:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys
its been awhile since I posted something and yes there is still progress on the CR&NCo although slow as I'm finishing my mini narrow gauge layout.

I'm working on ships and boats for my harbour that I hoping to start on this autumn. The current project is a schooner made from a inexpensive 1840 Halcon kit that I found on Aliexpress. Its originally equipped with cannons which I have discarded as I'm trying to build a small freight vessel worn and torn after many years on the seas. Currently I have nearly finished the hull and is mounting deck equipment and stuff.
Here are some photos of the hull in various stages.

The hull sealed and sanded

The lasercut parts of the hull was fairly easy to assemble but it all required liberal amounts of putty and sanding to get an even surface. To mount the hull strips I found ordinary CA glue to work best. It made go much quicklier than using white glue which I first tried.

The other project I'm working on is a brass MEW Colorado Midland 2-8-0 that I'm remotoring and giving a paint scheme similar to the CM locomotives but with a CR&NCo logo.

My hope this autumn is to participate more regularly on this great forum!

Happy modeling!
All the best!
Håkan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/30/2020 :  3:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Håkan,

It’s good to hear from you. Your ship is looking good. I’ll be interested in seeing the results of your remotoring.

Mike

Page: of 95 Previous Topic: Building the Pennsylvania & New York Rail Road Topic Next Topic: My 1878 Utah Territory projects  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000