Railroad Line Forums - Coast Line RR vol. 5
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 92 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Coast Line RR vol. 5
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Digitrax PM-42 Topic Next Topic: New Morgen Hill Models On30 Rolling Stock kits
Page: of 100

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  3:20:21 PM  Show Profile
Since I'm staying home from the USA, I thought I might as well be miserable in the train shed doing something enjoyable... so here's a clean, new volume to post some new progress in...

I need some shop backs for the main street in Convers, since there are shops on both sides of the street. Not too big so they hide the others.

The first is this "Furlow's Fresh Fruit"... a really simple little thing. I'll model the front too, but will keep it quite simple, and shade it with an awning.

Tonight I did the usual mat board lay-out, cut-out and assembly... I'll model the board and batten siding by gluing on battens only. Window is Atlantic Scale (with the fine mullions), and door is Grandt Line.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Leo Starrenburg
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  3:34:48 PM  Show Profile
A detailed window indeed Troels ! Good to see a number of 'backs' coming on the lay-out, when I was a toddler our family traveled a lot by train and on entering the bigger cities you had a good view of the back of the houses and shops from the train. Old neighbourhoods in those days and a lot to see for a nosy young man ! Nowadays it's all re-developed and they certainly took the charm away while doeing that :-(

Congrats on volume 5 Troels ! Hope to read about speedy recoveries and DVD releases soon ! And of course LOTS of modeling goodies !

cheers, Leo.

Edited by - Leo Starrenburg on 10/11/2011 4:53:43 PM

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  3:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Perfect subject. Every town has a small fruit & vegetable stand. Your style fits the locale and era as well.
I suppose we will see 3 or 4 new buildings over the next week while you stay home modeling and we trudge up to the show.

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  4:07:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage
Well I'm gonna follow vol.5 for shure. Wish you a speedy recovery, good feet are necessary behind the easel to! Bunch of fibers are on the way to Sweden...

danpickard
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  4:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit danpickard's Homepage
Troels,
Congratulations on the continued evolving diary of this wonderful layouts development. Always a pleasure to watch it come to life, even if occassionally quietly from a distance. Still one of my favourite parts of these threads, is seeing the 2D sketches grow into the 3D modelled version. I hope you have kept all the concept sketches stored safely, as I could see this whole project making a nice phoographic book one day (I think along the lines of the Harry Brunk book, "Up Clear Creek").

Did I hear this right that you've had to withdraw from the US trip at late notice? Not that I was going anyway, so I'm not missing a clinic or anything, but is everything ok health wise, or is it just a heavy duty dose of the flu? Hoping all is well with a rapid recovery on its way.

Dan Pickard

http://www.austnarrowgaugeconvention.com/

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  4:27:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks guys! And Dan, my cancellation came after a condition I have had in my foot suddenly went berserk the past weekend. I will be in a bit of pain for some time. But I'm assured it will clear up and get fine again. Patience is all I need to muster.

And I do keep most of my sketches... its fun for me to leaf through them once in a while...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Tommatthews
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  4:58:51 PM  Show Profile
Troels,

Congratulations on Vol. 5. You have started the new volume nicely with a fine sketch and building of "Furlow's Fresh Fruit ".

Tom M.

R.BOUDREAUX
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  5:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Troels,

Good to see Vol. 5 come alive.

I notice that you narrowed the structure somewhat from the sketch. I, personally, prefer the wider look, but I guess its a 'wait and see' thing.

Looking forward to some more interesting modeling.

Rich

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  10:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Volume 5

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  02:18:18 AM  Show Profile
Great start to volume 5 Troels. Its been an awesome journey. Glad we have had the pleasure of sharing it with you.

Hope the foot is feeling better.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  03:40:45 AM  Show Profile
So will you detail the unseen store front?

It's only make-believe

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  04:11:59 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by railman28

So will you detail the unseen store front?

Well Bob, as I already wrote above I will make a passable front as well, since I may want to take photos down through the street. But not as detailed as I would if the front was visible.

You'd have to lean in very far to see the front side, breaking all sorts of things in the process..

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

wirten
Section Hand

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  05:08:45 AM  Show Profile
Troels, I wish you a speedy recovery!
I was very saddened to hear that you couldn’t make he trip.
But there will be new shows to attend.

Anders

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  3:07:44 PM  Show Profile
Modeling a little more... Tiny balsa strips for the battens, and various other strips as needed.

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

Geezer
Engineer

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  4:17:59 PM  Show Profile
Troels..... #5....
Here's hoping the foot heals soon, but not
so soon as to limit a stint in the layout room...
Neat fruit shop.....

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  4:48:04 PM  Show Profile
Looks good Troels, i'm waiting to see how you color this one.

Mark

W,L,&E

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: Digitrax PM-42 Topic Next Topic: New Morgen Hill Models On30 Rolling Stock kits  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.78 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000