Railroad Line Forums - The Z layout again
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 81 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: Skymaster ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 The Z layout again
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Fair value of N Scale Engines and Rolling Stock Topic Next Topic: The Green Barb Dock Project
Page: of 12

Catt
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  12:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,I have decided to update/upgrade the Z layout somewhat.IMHO Z is small but a 2' x 4' layout is still to small.The enclosed picture is strickly for me to study while deciding exactly what I want to do with the layout.So far I'm liking what I have started here,but I am giving myself till saturday to decide for sure.The new dimentions are 54" long with the end closest to the camera at 30" with the far end remaining (at least for now) 24".

They origonal end loop,on this end will be gone and one or two more industries added.Anyway here's the pic (please excuse the mess)and feel free to comment.

Oh yeah, somewhere on here is another thread detailing the origonal build.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  06:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better be careful Catt or your Z will be bigger then my N!

Mike

Catt
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  11:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Better be careful Catt or your Z will be bigger then my N!

Highly possible Mike since the layout will actually be 62" long and not 54".I think I need to take a refresher course in simple math.

Edited by - Catt on 10/03/2011 01:33:39 AM

Catt
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  9:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just to give you an idea of what the done layout (no such thing as a finished layout ) will look like.

Some proof I am actually working on it.

Edited by - Catt on 10/08/2011 11:41:08 AM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  07:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like controlled chaos Catt!

Mike

Catt
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  2:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not so sure I would call it controlled.

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  08:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the pile of tools, does that represent the base of a mountain? ? The benchwork looks good. Something I need to learn. I think when I start I will use a modular system so if I ever have to move again (God forbid!)I can move my layout. Your future layou looks good.

Catt
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  11:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The pile of tools is just that.Most heavy scenery changes will go down not up (atleast not very far up). My modeling preferences are Michiganian by choice.

I agree that modular is the way to go,if this layout gets any larger it will be modular though I am planning on a small yard that clamps on the lower righthand corner (as the layout sets in these pics).Any further expansion will be on the other end of the layout.

Catt
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  9:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update pic

SD40-2 is running laps looking for track problems,none so far.

Track is down but not secured yet,and the fashia on each long side is cut shaped and installed.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  06:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

Catt
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  12:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got abit closer to done today atleast for the layout itself.Actually I am right on scedule.The plan is to have all the ground cover done by the 12-4-11 show here in GR.

Hopefully after 12-4-11 I can get back on the N scale layout.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  08:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

Catt
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  4:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I could have posted this pic on monday ,but the wyf went from Windows7 back to Vista (W7 was/is one big PITA).Anyway after doing that our network just up and decided it didn't want to.So I am posting today now that I am back online.

The Blue sky (?) is to hide some of the junk visable in the other pics.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  8:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good Catt and the sky does focus the eye on the layout!

Mike

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  10:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good Catt.

Catt
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  1:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Latest progress pic,this time with all the rail served businesses on the layout.Green building is just a place holder till I decide what I really want to put there.

Page: of 12 Previous Topic: Fair value of N Scale Engines and Rolling Stock Topic Next Topic: The Green Barb Dock Project  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000