Railroad Line Forums - Eastern Shore RR in HO
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 114 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Eastern Shore RR in HO
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Korean Railway (KORAIL) Equipment Topic Next Topic: Best Steam Locomotive
Page: of 6

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  9:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nicely done, Dave....love the "tunnel" effect through the trees....and the foreground and background blending is really outstanding....

quarryman
Fireman

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  08:00:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit quarryman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave-

The scenery is coming along nicely. The brooding sky and winter foliage give your layout a lot of character and bring cold days by the Bay immediately to mind.

Mark Chase
Richmond VA

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  06:39:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, we were in Cape Charles yesterday and took some pics. Among them is a huge gun off the USS Missouri that is sitting in the yard. Two came over on the rail barge, one will stay in a Nat. Wildlife Refuge near the cape, and the other went up to Delaware by rail. So, a huge gun on a flat car would still be prototypical in 2012!

Besides pictures, there are some neat videos in this link, including a hand-cranked swing bridge.

http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/news/story/uss-missouri-cannon-on-track-to-fort-miles/811653

ChipC
New Hire

Posted - 11/27/2013 :  12:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to boost this post -- interested to know if any more progress has been made?

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2013 :  3:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't want to jump in on Dave here but I don't know if he is still a member here or not. I know the layout was torn down and I think he moved. His great back drops will live on as I now have them on my layout.

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  6:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChipC

Just wanted to boost this post -- interested to know if any more progress has been made?

Chip,

Thanks very much for your interest in my progress. As SteamNut noted, I have torn town the layout due to a move to Austin, Texas.

Although I regret not having finished the HO layout, I can say that I've started an N gauge shelf layout that will continue the DELMARVA peninsula theme. I've been lurking on Railroad Lines Forum and I hope to start posting sometime around the end of the year on the progress of this new effort.

Just some quick info on what I'm planning; N gauge, handlaid high detailed track (I've already built three turnouts with tie plates and detailing from Proto 87}, about 2' x 9', and with an eastern shore taste.

I expect my progress to be very slow due to the workload of my new job which is why I've "downsized" my layout in scale and complexity.

I miss the NJ model rrs and wondered if there is an Austin group.

Dave (AKA Grubes)

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  7:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking at the NMRA's model railroad club listings, I find Austin NTrak: http://www.austntrak.org/

It might also be worth asking around at the Austin Steam Train Assoc. http://www.austinsteamtrain.org/

I liked your HO effort, and look forward to seeing some postings about the N layout.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  9:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, it's good to hear from you. I knew you had moved but didn't know where to. Sounds like you've settled in and are already well underway in your new project. I can't wait to see some pictures.

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  08:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grubes

I have torn town the layout due to a move to Austin, Texas.

Dave (AKA Grubes)

Wait a minute! We are allowed to leave New Jersey?

Dave, good to hear from you. Post progress when you can.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  10:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a great On30 module group in Austin, the "On30 Hill Country Outlaws". They have a Yahoo Group, On30HCOutlaws You should check them out.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  2:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leave New Jersey? Someone was smart! Dave nice to see your going to build another layout. As you can see from my layout thread your back drops will live on.

Railrunner130
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 07/29/2019 :  12:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Railrunner130's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just returned from vacation in Cape Charles. The railroad is gone, but the historical society now owns the remaining locomotive and cars in addition to the passenger station.

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Korean Railway (KORAIL) Equipment Topic Next Topic: Best Steam Locomotive  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000