Railroad Line Forums - Eastern Shore RR in HO
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Eastern Shore RR in HO
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Korean Railway (KORAIL) Equipment Topic Next Topic: Best Steam Locomotive
Page: of 6

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  09:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Uffelman

Headed to Ocean View from Chicago Christmas night after visiting our "due on 12/16" granddaughter who will be born before Christmas or no presents for her! ...
Good tax planning. Get the deduction for the whole year for a baby born the last week.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  1:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our daughter is an attorney in Chicago -- the original tax planning occurred two years ago when they got married on New Year's eve afternoon. 8>))

Bill Uffelman
Las Vegas NV

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  2:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Uffelman

Our daughter is an attorney in Chicago -- the original tax planning occurred two years ago when they got married on New Year's eve afternoon. 8>))

Bill Uffelman
Las Vegas NV

If I ever need a tax lawyer ...

dave

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  12:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your making quick work of the trackwork and wiring! Great job Dave!

Mark

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  5:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So new granddaughter got worried about Christmas present threat and popped out this afternoon -- mom and baby are fine, grandma is champing at the bit to fly the Chicago -- she will go Thursday morning. So my plans for next week in Ocean View are on track -- everyone have a great holiday!

BTW my planned second garage stall RR room at the beach is on track, just trying to figure out how to fit all of my model and prototype interests into it.

Bill Uffelman
Las Vegas NV

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  6:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Bill!

dave

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  9:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,

Congratulations on the new arrival. A new grandchild, a trip to Delaware and a garage stall waiting to become a model railroad....doesn't get any better.

Next time I head south I'm going to try to swing by Bridgeville.

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  11:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bridgeville is at Rt 13 and 404 -- 404 Bypass is north of town and grain elevators are west of junction -- hard to miss!

Bill Uffelman
Packing for trip!

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  9:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year to all.

I've made significant progress since the last posting:

1. Completed all trackwork and wiring (although I may add a few feeder wires later)

2. Purchased a handheld throttle and can now follow the train around the room which adds a lot more fun to the operation.

3. Built the backdrop and painted the section between Exmore and Willis Wharf (pictures below)

4. Bought a few pieces of rolling stock and fooled around a bit with some switching.

In the process of painting the remaining backdrop and then will move on to scenery. I'll confess that I'm a little intimidated with the scenery phase as I have a picture in my mind of how I want the railroad to look and now it's time to see if I an convert the thoughts into reality.

Pictures below show the new backdrop and the painted section.

Cape Charles (cutout is track that goes behind backdrop and simulates the concrete industry at Cape Charles)

Cape Charles to Exmore

Exmore to Willis Wharf

Exmore to Willis Wharf with new painted backdrop

Exmore Backdrop (foam is placeholder for Exmore granary)

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  8:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm continuing to work on the back drop. Since the width of the layout is only 18" along two of the walls, I felt I needed to paint some detail that I might not have done if I the backdrop was further away from the front.

A consideration in painting is the relative flatness of the Eastern Shore and the height of the layout both of which lend to a very low horizon.

I have always wanted to model the early winter; the leaves are off the trees, it's too early for snow, and the fields have been harvested. The palette is predominantly shades of brown and little green with the exception of the coastal pines.

The pictures below are the right of way between Cape Charles and Exmore where I have my longest run of single track.

Backdrop before painting clouds

Backdrop with clouds

Backdrop with Horizon

Eastern Shore Pines

Cheriton Road

Fields

Near Exmore

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  9:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
very nice

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 01/17/2012 :  12:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Backdrop looks good.

Made it to Berlin MD just before the New Year and wound up chasing a train (or being chased by it) on the way out of town. Lots of good stuff on the southern end of the DelMarVa peninsula!

Bill Uffelman
Las Vegas NV and Ocean View DE

Neil M
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/17/2012 :  05:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful backdrop!

Built a waterfront HO layout in Ireland http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22161 but now making a start in On30 in Australia

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/17/2012 :  07:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice looking backdrop, Dave.

George

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 01/17/2012 :  10:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice, Grubes....but you forgot to add "gray and foreboding" to those color choices on your palette. I love the background blending as well as the sky....if you can do autumn in Pennsylvania scenes, I might just have to think about a commission! I also focused on your valances...what's the material you're using?

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Korean Railway (KORAIL) Equipment Topic Next Topic: Best Steam Locomotive  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000