Railroad Line Forums - Morgan Hill Perkins Produce Kit in O scale
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 47 ]  [ Total: 52 ]  [ Newest Member: georgesaridakis ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Morgan Hill Perkins Produce Kit in O scale
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Using cardstock -prep work Topic Next Topic: Laser Modeling 2 - anyone build a kit from them?  

herronpeter
Section Hand

Posted - 09/21/2011 :  7:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had any experience with this kit, a copy of my favorite HO scale kits. Can't remember who made that version.

Thanks,

Peter

bitlerisvj
Fireman

Posted - 09/22/2011 :  12:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Send bitlerisvj an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Durango Press made the kit. I didn't buy the kit, but used Earl Smallshaw's excellent article in Model Railroader.
Regards, Vic Bitleris
quote:
Originally posted by herronpeter

LaRueD
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/22/2011 :  2:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Earl's original article in MRR used to be available on the net in the form of a .pdf file. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the link or it has been deleted ...

Edited by - LaRueD on 09/22/2011 4:34:22 PM

herronpeter
Section Hand

Posted - 09/22/2011 :  6:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know why but I thought it was a Campbell HO kit. Anyone have anything to say about the O scale version by Morgan Hill. Good kit, bad kit, easy kit, hard kit??????

Thanks,

Peter

morganhillmodels
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/22/2011 :  8:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit morganhillmodels's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Peter,
Delivery of the initial run of kits is still in process, so you may not be able to find any feedback. The O scale kit was designed from the Dec. '74 MR Smallshaw article. An HO version was produced by Durango Press (green Box) in mid '80's. As a retailer, it is against forum rules for me to discuss the kit personally in the thread. but I will send you a pm if you would like more info.
Thanks,

herronpeter
Section Hand

Posted - 09/22/2011 :  9:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I jumped the gun a bit. When I get mine I'll know if it's a good and easy kit to build, hopefully. Are you sure that Campbell didn't have an HO version back in the early 70's? I swear I saw one but Durango Press was not in my vocabulary back then. Hey, I can't remember what I wore yesterday so I'm more than likely wrong!!

Peter

DennisC
New Hire

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  9:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Campbell kit was Perkins Place and was completly different from the Durango Press Perkins Produce.

It's really a great building and the graphics are outstanding.

Previous Topic: Using cardstock -prep work Topic Next Topic: Laser Modeling 2 - anyone build a kit from them?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000