Railroad Line Forums - Harry Brunk and the HOn3 Union Central & Northern
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 99 ]  [ Newest Member: secharles ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 Harry Brunk and the HOn3 Union Central & Northern
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Rick Huntrods HOn3 Topic Next Topic: Couplers for MDC Shay in HOn3
Page: of 3

LeonBeckers
New Hire

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  08:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sad to hear that circumstances in Harry's life make him dicide to get rid of the layout. Of course I'm very happy that the layout will be in operational order in the museum. I've read about it in the gazette. In fact I was and still am a bit of a fan regarding his layout. I like the pictures. As said already, the difer from the photo's in the Gazette.
They do justice indeed.

Narrow Gauger HoN3 On30
Greetz,
Leon
Udenhout, the Netherlands

Edited by - LeonBeckers on 10/17/2012 08:47:59 AM

ChrisS
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  3:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeonBeckers

I'm sad to hear that circumstances in Harry's life make him dicide to get rid of the layout.

Based on the article in the HOn3 Annual, it sounds like he isn't really "getting rid" of the layout at all - he saw this as an opportunity to move it into a more upscale and permanent location. Apparently he's planning on moving to Cheyenne in the near future, so while the UC&N may not be his "home" layout anymore, strictly speaking, he's not done with it.

LeonBeckers
New Hire

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  2:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, Getting rid is to strong of an expression but that's what I thought. In the mean time I've read the article in the Narrow gauge &shortline gazette and understand that he will move to Cheyenne and so be close to his layout. I haven't received the HoN3 Annual yet here in the Netherlands but looking forward to it.

Narrow Gauger HoN3 On30
Greetz,
Leon
Udenhout, the Netherlands

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  4:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rick, what a great story to read. Glad to hear that Harry is as excited about this as you! It's wonderful to learn that a layout of this calibre will live on and be viewed by countless visitors in the museum. The hobby needs more stories like this!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Flatlander
New Hire

Posted - 09/04/2017 :  03:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went and visited the layout this last summer at the depot.
What a treat!
My 12 year old daughter even loved it!
Thanks for all the hard work and a job well done!!!!
Mark

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Rick Huntrods HOn3 Topic Next Topic: Couplers for MDC Shay in HOn3  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000